Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the books and records that supports the Company’s general ledger and related sub-ledgers. This includes establishing internal controls and procedures for all of the Company’s routine, non-routine, and estimation data processes affecting the general ledger.
- Assists in the day to day maintenance of the general ledger and related sub-ledgers.
- Perform account reconciliations and analyses to support the accuracy of the general ledger and related sub-ledgers.
- Conduct month-end close procedures including preparing journal entries related to transactions in assigned areas necessary for the accurate reporting of the Company’s general ledger.
- Prepare reports for government agencies.
- Verifies accuracy of: joint interest billings, AFEs, or revenue allocations and ensures proper recording in the respective sub-ledger.
- Assists in the external and internal audit process by preparing schedules and analyses while addressing questions that arise during company audits.
- Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (preferred) OR Finance, Economics, or Mathematics with a minor in Accounting (or a minimum of 15 credit hours in Accounting).