Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the books and records that supports the Company’s general ledger and related sub-ledgers. This includes establishing internal controls and procedures for all of the Company’s routine, non-routine, and estimation data processes affecting the general ledger.
- Assists in the day to day maintenance of the general ledger and related sub-ledgers with greater emphasis on areas with higher levels of complexity and overall accounting risk.
- Perform account reconciliations and analyses to support the accuracy of the general ledger and related sub-ledgers.
- Conduct more complex month-end close procedures including preparing journal entries related to areas of higher accounting risk.
- Prepares reports or extracts from the general ledger and/or sub-ledger used to support the close process
- Maintains evidence of controls performed in assists in the SOX testing process.
- Assists in the external and internal audit process by preparing schedules and analyses in more complex areas while addressing questions that arise during company audits.
- Mentors and provides consultation to less experienced members of the Accounting Department.
- Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (preferred) OR Finance, Economics, or Mathematics with a minor in Accounting (or a minimum of 15 credit hours in Accounting).
Typically requires two or more years of accounting experience within a publicly held company or a large privately held organization (Oil & Gas experience preferred).