Merewether Investment Management (MIM) is an energy specialized long / short hedge fund with investments across the entire energy value chain. MIM focuses investments on liquid securities, primarily equities, in addition to opportunistic credit & pre-IPO financing's.
Job Description - located in Dallas – offices in 750 N St Paul Street Suite 1330 Dallas 75201
Play a key role in the financial and technical analysis of unconventional assets within publicly listed North American E&P companies portfolios.
- Build and maintain financial models for publicly traded E&P companies
- Generate EUR estimates, production forecasts, and economics inputs for publicly traded companies. Subsectors would include Oil E&P, Gas E&P, Large Cap E&P, Integrated Oil, Canadian E&P, Intl E&P)
- Build and maintain relevant databases to assist in asset level valuations
- Present and justify asset and corporate valuations to investment team
- Meet with mgmt. teams (CEO, CFO, IR) within the sector
Preferred Candidate / Required Skills:
- Ideal candidate, but not limited to, has work experience on a business development group at an E&P company or has/had A&D experience at an investment bank
- Proficiency in classical reservoir engineering; decline curve analysis, formation evaluation, and production, cash flow and net asset value forecasting
- Understanding of full life-cycle project economic analysis
- Knowledge of unconventional production and completion practices
- B.S. in Engineering (Petroleum Engineering preferred) or BS in Finance / Business Admin
- 2-8 years of reservoir engineering experience with emphasis on resource plays
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, TX RRC, HPDI, RS Prism