Analyst, Project Finance
Clearway Energy Group is looking for an Analyst to join its Project Finance team. This position will work closely with the other members of the Project Finance team and various Clearway departments to support our project financing activities in the Community Solar, Utility Solar and Utility Wind space. The right candidate will be organized, able to manage multiple priorities, a good communicator, logical, detail-oriented, collaborative and confident. This position will report to a Director within the Project Finance group and will be located in our San Francisco, CA office.
- Prepare and manage financial models of projects and portfolios specifically for the process of raising construction debt, term debt, tax-equity and cash equity
- Refine and improve a set of Excel-based project finance models that serves our project origination, development, construction, financing, and asset management business.
- Update and maintain complex structuredinternal financial models with most recent project and corporate assumptions (tax equity, debt and cash equity)
- Support the negotiation and closing of tax equity, construction debt, term debt and cash equity financings
- Run scenarios to ensure decision-making being informed by quantitative financial analysis
- Review and confirm that projects are modeled accurately, economic results are accurate and projects are generally financeable prior to senior management decision making and approval
- Support the process of funding individual projects into equity partnerships and debt funds.This includes preparation, coordination and completion of a financial model, an appraisal, an independent engineer report, an insurance consultant report, etc.
- Represent Project Finance department at project team meetings to communicate financing requirements and ensure projects are planned within requirements of external financiers
- Coordinate with many different departments internally to communicate deliverables and requirements of tax equity and debt funds as well as internal underwriting standards
- A positive attitude, highly motivated and the ability to maintain a culture that is based on teamwork, respect and integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Engineering, Math, Science, or other quantitative field with business or finance experience
- Project Finance modeling (i.e. discounted cash-flow with multiple parties) experience
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a clear, concise manner
- Expert with MS Excel, and highly skilled with other MS Office products including PowerPoint, Word and MS Project Diligent, detailed oriented, rigorous, and creative
- An ability to perform in a matrixed organization, working in inter-departmental teams to achieve objectives
- Ability to prioritize many competing deadlines
- Energy or infrastructure industry experience
- Renewable energy industry experience
- Experience in the structuring and closing of tax equity and/or energy project finance transactions
About Clearway Energy Group
Clearway Energy Group is accelerating the world’s transformation to a clean energy future. As one of the largest clean energy companies in the United States, we are focused on providing customers with the low cost, clean power they desire and the customer experience they deserve, all with the goal of powering our world with clean energy. Clearway was formed with the completion of the sale of NRG Energy, Inc.’s renewables platform to Global Infrastructure Partners, a leading global, independent infrastructure investor and is headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in Carlsbad, CA; Scottsdale, AZ; Houston, TX; and New York City, NY. For more information, visit www.clearwayenergygroup.com.