Business Development Analyst
Dimension Energy is a leading developer of distributed solar, with a focus on community solar markets and distributed energy storage. Dimension brings together an experienced team, leading energy investors, and a strong capital position in order to navigate complex markets and deliver long term value to all project stakeholders. Since 2014, the DRE team has originated, developed, and constructed over 1 GW of solar and energy storage, and raised over $4 billion in project finance, and has now secured equity and debt commitments to develop over 800 MW over the next 4 years.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Business Development Analyst will support the origination of new solar and energy storage opportunities and the management of current portfolios in the US. You will directly assist the Business Development team in driving the growth of our portfolios and project pipelines. You will be tracking, analyzing and pursuing new opportunities for growth in rapidly expanding and evolving markets. You will use your analytic and problem-solving skills to develop persuasive value propositions for stakeholders – internal and external – and sound economic fundamentals for investors. Working alongside an experienced team, you will skillfully influence the decision makers inside and outside of Dimension in conjunction with the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Business Development during utility analysis and contract negotiations.
- Collaborate with Business Development to produce compelling project proposals, using qualitative and quantitative capabilities.
- Perform financial analysis to assist in project valuation and strategic decision-making.
- Interface closely with Development, Engineering, Legal and Management to help guide projects forward quickly and efficiently.
- Develop and manage incoming pipeline while assisting with opportunity qualification.
- Prepare client presentations and proposals, including analytics and communication.
- Increase effectiveness of staff and tools by recognizing opportunities for process improvement and creating new systems and structures.
- Assist in the collection, coordination, and preparation of communication and documentation, including customer contracts and utility applications.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who want to be part of a fast-paced and fluid company poised for growth in one of the country’s most rapidly changing industries. This role requires forward-thinking, innovative approaches and comfort with complexity and uncertainty. We are looking for individuals eager to move quickly with us.
- Desire to work in an early stage company in the renewable energy field
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written English
- Quantitative capability and hunger to learn.
- Strong insight development and value proposition definition skills
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage diverse relationships and multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Creativity and critical thinking skills to tackle a variety of challenges from the industry level to client specific
- Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills - Solar or renewable energy industry experience a plus
Though Dimension believes in long term work/life balance, we also believe in short term imbalances. Long hours will be needed from time to time as dictated by deal flow and project deadlines.
We offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.