Business Development Specialist: Energy + Project Finance
Morrison & Foerster LLP, an Am Law 50 law firm with 16 offices worldwide, has an opening for a Business Development Specialist within our Marketing Department in our San Francisco office.
Join the dynamic global marketing team as a Business Development Specialist supporting our world class Energy and Project Finance practices! The Business Development Specialist works closely with our market leading Energy and Project Finance practice partners/attorneys and business development team to develop and sustain our loyal client base for increased work, revenue, and profitability while looking for new business opportunities around every corner!
Develop Creative Marketing Plans
- Develop business development and marketing plans.
- Collaborate with other relevant practice groups to promote cross-sharing ideas.
- Work with practice group leaders/partners on a broad range of business development and marketing strategies, demonstrating an understanding of practice group and industry norms.
- Keep abreast of developments in the relevant law.
Deploy Innovative Marketing Initiatives
- Create market leading practice group marketing materials. Writing projects may include customized content for social media, pitches and RFPs.
- Conduct competitive intelligence and research of prospective targets, industries, and markets.
- Proactively participate in key industry networks, identifying partnership opportunities.
Implement Exciting Programs to raise the profile of the Firm and Attorneys
- Produce dynamic client development educational programs.
- Identify speaking and sponsorship opportunities.
- Target appropriate membership opportunities; create visibility; and advance business development goals.
Collaborate with Marketing Managers and Staff
- Identify and coordinate business opportunities through collecting and proactively sharing information.
- Ensure strong intra-departmental communication and client service.
- Develop supportive relationships with offices where practice group attorneys are located.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. At least four years of relevant experience in legal marketing.
- Working knowledge of Energy and Project Finance practices desired, with direct work experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of core marketing principles including driving innovative tools and programs, competitive intelligence, market research, and pitch and RFP responses.
Who We Are
At Morrison & Foerster, our culture is defined by our deeds. We’re passionate about what we do. We’re equally passionate about how we do it. We resist hierarchies and operate within a model of respect — for our colleagues, their ideas, and the differences that make us stronger. We encourage you to learn more about who we are, and what we do .
Should you find you’re ready to do the best work of your life, we encourage you to let us know!