CAISO Energy Markets Manager
8minute Solar Energy is the largest privately-held developer of solar and storage projects in the United States. We have one of the best development teams in the industry with a track record of delivering above-market profitability and strong financial returns on utility-scale solar and storage projects. We are seeking the best and brightest people to help make clean energy abundant.
About the Position:
Our Engineering team is looking for a CAISO Energy Markets Manager to join our team. The CAISO Energy Markets Manager will join an experienced team with the main objective of driving the CAISO bid strategy for solar, solar + storage, and stand-alone storage from an energy markets perspective. The role requires knowledge of and experience with CAISO energy trading and market participation rules. This position will support 8minute Solar Energy’s development of utility scale solar and battery storage projects. This person will also track market fundamentals and CAISO working group meetings.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
- Manage consultants for price forecasts with knowledge of California renewable energy policies, load growth, fuel prices, etc
- Select and operate merchant revenue analysis models for utility-scale solar, solar + storage, and standalone storage projects
- Assess risks and provide strategy to larger team regarding CAISO dispatch rules for hybrids
- Provide transmission congestion analysis for utility-scale solar and storage projects including basis and curtailment simulations
- Perform market simulations with licensed dispatch models or using external consultants in support of development, origination and finance
- Present input assumptions and results of revenue studies to project investors as 8minute’s expert on market fundamentals and market participation strategy
- Participate in CAISO stakeholder meetings as needed to understand rule changes and influence new rules in stakeholder processes
- BS in STEM or Economics
- 2-5 years in battery storage or gas energy trading within the CAISO market
- Experience with solar + storage price-taker revenue modeling
- Experience with production cost modeling is preferred
- Experience in project development is a plus
8minute Solar Energy offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package, including 401(k) and fully paid medical and dental benefits and unlimited PTO. We are an equal opportunity employer.