Coordinator, Policy & Analysis Team
CLASP’s Policy & Analysis team seeks a highly motivated and capable Coordinator who is excited to join a dynamic and diverse international team that is deeply committed to the organization's mission and values of collaboration, transparency, and service.
About the Organization
CLASP’s mission is to improve the energy and environmental performance of the appliances & equipment we use every day, accelerating our transition to a more sustainable world.
We serve as the leading international voice and resource for appliance energy efficiency policies and market acceleration initiatives. From advancing off-grid solar technologies and bringing power to energy-impoverished people, to making our room air conditioners smarter and less costly to the climate, CLASP programs increase uptake of affordable, low-impact, high-quality appliances. Learn more about our programs.
Why Join CLASP’s Policy & Analysis Team
CLASP’s Policy & Analysis program has grown significantly over the past two years. We work in partnership with policymakers and other key stakeholders in over 100 countries—from Brazil to Indonesia, and India to Kenya, with support from a diverse group of funders.
Our team provides world-class technical and policy advisory services directly to governments to develop and implement the most ambitious and cost-effective policy solutions in countries and regions all over the world. We work hand-in-hand with policymakers, as well as industry and civil society to accelerate the development of energy efficient product markets through minimum energy performance standards, informative product labeling, and identification and promotion of the most efficient appliances, both on and off the grid. Energy efficiency policies and programs, such as the European Union’s Ecodesign and Energy Labels , and India’s UJALA program, drive markets towards more energy-efficient and higher quality appliances.
As our global portfolio continues to grow, we are expanding our team to ensure we can assist countries to meet their climate goals and deliver ambitious energy and carbon emission savings.
As a Coordinator on the Policy & Analysis team you will help us execute our global portfolio of product energy efficiency programs and projects in countries throughout Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Program administration and execution: Manage day-to-day activities to keep our team organized, improve efficacy and effectiveness of internal processes, and track program impacts:
- Coordinate meetings, draft agendas, draft minutes and follow up action items
- Develop and maintain contact databases
- Manage program and team calendars: project milestones, travel, vacation
- Support planning and execution of events/workshops for projects/programs
- Provide support on project deliverables – including scheduling for review, coordinating inputs, formatting, etc. in collaboration with the Communications team
- Track conferences/abstracts for the team
- Develop and track progress and indicators (OKRs)
- Coordinate and foster collaboration with Market Development & Innovation team
-Program outreach and communications: Conduct a variety of outreach and stakeholder engagement activities that serve the needs of the P&A team, CLASP partners, market actors, donors, and implementing partners:
- Serve as liaison between the Communications team and Policy and Analysis team
- Develop Programs/Projects dissemination materials, including short factsheets, project profiles, case studies, presentations, etc.
- Contribute to CLASP newsletters, website updates and other external communications in collaboration with the Communications team
-Business Development: Support the identification of business development initiatives and development of business development initiatives:
- Conduct basic research into prospective funder priorities and requirements
- Summarize RFPs and proposal requirements
- Develop and maintain checklists for proposal planning and execution
- Source and track input from various team members on business development initiatives
- Develop and maintain dashboard of business development opportunities and coordinate review of same on a regular basis with Policy & Analysis team
- Procurement and Contract Management: Liaise with CLASP’s finance and operations team, and Policy & Analysis team members on the following:
- Development, review, and posting of RFPs on the CLASP website
- Coordinating review of proposals from prospective implementing partners
- Coordinate with implementing partners on contracting requirements
- Track contract status and invoicing for Policy & Analysis team
- Review invoices and ensure timely approval
- Policy Database: Support research and maintenance to keep CLASP’s Policy Database up to date:
- Conduct research and summarize S&L policies in priority countries
- Work closely with the Policy Database manager to conduct routine updates
The Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus.
- Some professional experience in energy efficiency, energy or environmental policy, international development, or a relevant field. Familiarity with appliance energy efficiency policies a plus.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and orientation, proactive, resourceful, nimble, and strategic approach to learning and problem-solving.
- Outstanding collaborator and team player with well-honed listening and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter who can operate autonomously and manage up.
- Time management and organizational skills, able to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to maintain composure, flexibility, and a sense of humor under tight deadlines.
- Experience in developing or emerging economies a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills a must. Bilingual or multilingual a plus.
- And last but not least - mission-driven and passionate about making a difference.
Compensation and Location
CLASP provides its employees with a highly competitive salary that is benchmarked annually with other non-profit organizations in the DC metropolitan area. CLASP also provides a comprehensive and outstanding benefits package, including fully paid health insurance for individuals and competitive rates for families/dependents, unlimited leave and all federal holidays, an impressive match of employee contributions to the 403b retirement plan, and a collegial office environment that supports professional development, wellness and flexible telecommuting options.
This position is full-time and based in CLASP’s Washington, D.C. office. Some international travel to support events and programmatic activities in developing and emerging economies is expected.
CEA Recruiting is assisting CLASP in their recruitment efforts. To be considered for this position, interested candidates must click "Apply to this Job" to submit a resume and cover letter, indicating your desired position and salary requirements through CEA’s job portal. Please direct all applications and inquiries to CEA Recruiting. These positions will remain open until filled.
CLASP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
CEA Recruiting works with leading environmental nonprofits, foundations, and businesses to recruit top talent and design effective organizational staffing strategies. For more information, visit www.cearecruiting.com.