Decarbonization & Grid Innovation Analyst
Silicon Valley Clean Energy is seeking to hire a Decarbonization & Grid Innovation Analyst who works under the direction of the Director for Decarbonization & Grid Innovation to plan and design a platform and portfolio of programs to achieve SVCE goals. The focus areas of the program portfolio include mobility, the built environment and grid integration and innovation. In general, built environment programs will catalyze efficient electrification and reimagine energy use in the built environment; mobility programs will reduce emissions, electrify, and automate personal and commercial transport; and grid integration & innovation programs will enable demand-side flexibility for achieving high-penetration renewables. This position will focus primarily on built environment programs. Duties to include:
- Carry out technology, policy, and economic analysis to support the planning, design, development, and evaluation of programs to support decarbonization and grid integration across SVCE service territory.
- Work closely with the other teams (Power Supply, Account Services & Community Relations, Legislative & Regulatory Effectiveness) as needed throughout a program’s lifetime (design, development, implementation, evaluation, measurement, and verification).
- Support integrated resource planning efforts.
- Support the development of partnerships with local, state, and federal agencies, national laboratories, universities, businesses, start-ups, and non-profits to create opportunities for program funding, new program markets and more effective program design and implementation.
- Support the development of applications in response to funding opportunities issued by the CPUC, CEC, BAAQMD, DOE, CARB, and other
- Contribute to ongoing work with staff from member jurisdictions to support local climate action plans.
- Support the development and implementation of SVCE’s overarching decarbonization roadmap.
- Write staff reports and presentations for Board and Committee meetings.
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, environmental science, or a related, quantitative field. A Master’s Degree in the aforementioned fields can substitute for up to one year of the required experience. A Doctoral Degree in the aforementioned fields can substitute for up to three years of the required experience.
Four (4) years, depending on level, of progressively responsible experience as an analyst at an electric utility, regulatory agency, cleantech company, or similar organization with emphasis on electrification of the built environment, mobility, or grid integration, or a closely related field.
Applicants must submit a cover letter outlining key qualifications and reasons for your interest, a current resume including education and 5 years of previous employment history, and a completed copy of the SVCE job application, available at http://www.svcleanenergy.org/jobs. Please email these documents and any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 PM on July 31, 2020.