Director, Center for Sustainability and Economic Performance
This position plays a key program management role for ULI’s Greenprint Center for Building Performance. Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President (SVP), Greenprint, the Director will support ULI Greenprint members in their corporate sustainability initiatives, and support the Institute’s member-wide work in building the business case for sustainable, high-performing buildings.
- Senior account management: Serve as the primary point of contact for Greenprint members in day-to-day program activities. Work with members to elevate sustainability best practices, organize content and convenings to advance members’ sustainability programs, and support members in benchmarking, employee education on sustainability, and sustainability reporting strategy. Work with members to identify ways to deliver more value for their Greenprint membership.
- Program development and execution: Support the SVP in executing a business plan and budget for the center and its programs. Prepare and conduct meetings with ULI members and outside experts to research and disseminate ideas as they are relevant to ULI. This may include organizing forums; developing event programs; identifying speakers and participants; developing supporting materials; and implementing follow-up actions. Connect Greenprint activities of ULI’s member networks, Advisory Services programs, major meetings, and professional development activities as they relate to sustainability issues.
- Thought leadership: Remain current with the latest trends and thinking on sustainability in real estate development and finance. Share this knowledge internally and develop ULI’s leading-edge views on sustainability best practices with enhancing investment performance and mitigating risk. Oversee the creation of research reports and other materials for publication and dissemination through various ULI channels. Work with ULI Greenprint members to identify and elevate emerging sustainability technologies, best practice management strategies, and the evolving business case for sustainable investments.
- Content creation: Lead research, development, and creation of new content that adds value to Greenprint membership. Work with ULI staff, the Senior Vice President of Greenprint, and ULI members to plan, schedule, write, and promote new resources and content on topics such as (but not limited to) new innovative technologies, sustainability reporting guidance, community sustainability collaboration, and case studies on successful climate mitigation activities.
- Business development: Continue to grow Greenprint’s corporate membership, as well as Greenprint’s Corporate Partnership Program (the Innovation Partnership). Assist the SVP of Greenprint in attracting sponsorship and grant funds to augment the program budget. Seek opportunities to expand the impact of the center through the creation and implementation of new programs that deliver value to ULI members and advance the Institute’s mission.
- Greenprint member engagement: Serve as the primary coordinator for the center’s Performance Committee (key member “doers” responsible for the development of Greenprint benchmarking and sustainability reporting shared tools), and work in coordination with the SVP, Greenprint, to maintain open and supportive communication with its members at all times.
- Program integration and alignment: Work with ULI staff, the Senior Vice President of Greenprint, and ULI members to ensure that the center’s programs are integrated with other programs at ULI and that information about the center’s mission and products is effectively disseminated to stakeholders.
- Travel: Be able to travel to directly engage Greenprint members and other stakeholders on a regular basis.
- A minimum of 5 years of program management experience, preferably with a focus on sustainability in the real estate industry.
- Experience planning and managing senior-level account relationships, either in a business development, consulting, or program implementation setting.
- Demonstrated research and writing skills.
- Experience in research, education, and outreach projects.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Experience and/or demonstrated interest in land use and the built environment, including issues of policy, finance, infrastructure investment, planning and design, and real estate development.
- Experience in the management, governance, and operations in both for-profit and nonprofit organizations is preferred.
- Proficiency in developing and executing training programs a plus, especially programs with a focus on data benchmarking, tracking, and program implementation.
- Experience with energy and sustainability software platforms is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, experience with web design/WordPress and graphic design/InDesign a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a field related to sustainability, urban planning, business, environmental studies, real estate, engineering, public administration, or other subjects that require a combination of writing, project management, and analytical skills. Advanced degree in business, policy, real estate, or sustainability a plus.
To apply, please follow the link below. Please submit a résumé and letter of interest.
EOE/m/f/d/v. No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time.