Director- Demand Side Management
Under general direction of the Executive Director a Director plans, organizes, coordinates, and directs the programs or activities of the associated department; provides expert professional guidance to staff of department; performs related work as assigned. This class has department-head level responsibility for overall policy development, program planning, fiscal management, administration, and operation of the departmental functions and various support services. A Department Director is responsible for accomplishing departmental goals and objectives, supervising staff, administering the department’s annual budget, and directing the day-to-day operations and activities of the department. A Director works with Executive Director and other Directors to ensure consistent and efficient implementation of agency operational policies and long-term operational excellence. This position class is distinguished by complex and widely scoped duties with major financial or operational impact on key business processes. This position exercises considerable discretion and independent judgment in the coordination and prioritization of duties and responsibilities assigned and in acting on behalf of the Executive Director.
The Director of Demand Side Management works under the general direction of the Executive Director and has responsibility for a wide range of matters to support RCEA’s Demand Side Management (DSM) functions, including planning and leading the implementation of energy efficiency and distributed renewable energy initiatives and programs. This includes managing the planning, staffing, and oversight of RCEA’s DSM team. The position requires knowledge of department-level operations and budget management, vendor and contract management, investor-owned utility, state, and federal energy programs, local, state and federal energy policy, public agency governance, and supervision best practices. Essential Functions and Responsibilities Duties are illustrative only and may vary. Other duties may be assigned.
• Plan, develop, and oversee implementation of agency DSM functions, policies, and procedures, including energy efficiency and distributed renewable energy program strategy and initiatives.
• Ensure quality service delivery and achievement of programmatic goals and objectives • Evaluate new program offerings, coordinate with external stakeholders, assist in negotiating contracts, and participate in local and state DSM policy and strategy.
• Coordinate with department staff to manage the budget, identify support needs, and manage resources.
• Work as part of a senior management team to establish inter-departmental processes to support efficient office and business functions; review and evaluate existing processes and identify departmental needs.
• Work closely with other department directors to prepare agency operation-related documents for Board review and manage resulting implementation plans.
• Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate agencies, consultants, professional groups and programs associated with RCEA management and operations.
• Develop, write, and present staff reports and recommendations to the Board.