Novatus Energy is a renewable energy platform that owns a portfolio of utility-scale operating wind and solar projects in the U.S. The Novatus Energy portfolio currently includes 7 wind projects and 25 solar PV projects. Novatus Energy has a presence in 11 states and operates across five (5) Regional transmission organizations (ISO-NE, ERCOT, CAISO, MISO, and SPP). Headquartered in New York City, Novatus Energy is wholly-owned by institutional investors advised by J.P. Morgan Asset Management. See www.novatusenergy.com for more information.
Manage all aspects of energy management related to markets and bilateral counterparties focusing on scheduling and settling physical power:
- Perform and optimize daily day-ahead and real-time market bidding and scheduling of units taking into account historic production and pricing trends and forecasts
- Perform reconciliation of assets including shadow settlement with associated power pools such as ERCOT and ISO-New England.
- Support Renewable Energy Credit (REC) trades, tracking, deliveries, and invoices.
- Partner with Accounting to verify third party invoices related to ISO’s and bilateral counterparties.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Renewable Portfolio Standards (RPS).
- Build and maintain fundamental supply/demand models for markets.
- Manage contract compliance in hedges and power purchase agreements (PPAs).
- Analyze and execute ERCOT Congestion Revenue Rights (CRRs), ISO-NE Financial Transmission Rights (FTRs), or congestion hedges in other markets.
- Manage ISO-NE Forward Capacity Market capacity supply obligations, or similar constructs in other markets.
- Calculate and forecast credit requirements including ISO-NE financial assurance.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE PROFILE TO SUCCEED
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Economics, or Finance preferred. Experience may substitute for degree.
- One (1) - three (3) years’ experience in energy markets, power strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of electricity markets in North America, specifically ISO New England and ERCOT
- Knowledge of fundamental energy market analysis, day-ahead operations, real-time operations, capacity markets, environmental markets, and electric utility resource planning
- Previous experience in power scheduling, trading, mid-marketing, settlements, or origination.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to synthesize data from various sources, understand issues, and identify solutions.
- Proficient with MS Office suite applications; advanced Excel skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Keen multi-tasking capabilities and organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
The Novatus Energy team is collaborative, dedicated, hard-working, and down to earth. The management team is comprised of seasoned industry professionals supported by experienced project operators and advisors.
THE WORK ENVIRONMENT
The position functions in a smoke and vaping free professional office environment. The role routinely utilizes standard office equipment such as laptop computers, phones, and scanner/photocopier.
THE TOTAL REWARDS
Novatus Energy total rewards philosophy is motivated by a key tenet of valuing team members and offers associates a comprehensive total rewards package which includes market competitive compensation, health, life insurance, and retirement savings benefits.
Novatus Management, LLC is an EOE/Veterans/Disability employer. If you require an accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com