Energy Efficiency Engineer II- Lighting Controls
Founded in 1995, Energy Solutions is an employee owned energy efficiency and demand management engineering, program design and implementation consulting firm. Our mission is to create large-scale environmental impacts for our clients by implementing market-based solutions and developing policies that contribute to these goals. We foster this mission by retaining a talented and committed team, providing a stimulating, healthy and participatory workplace, and emphasizing creative new approaches that maximize the value of our services. With nearly 90 staff, we are honored to serve a diverse range of utility, public agency, commercial and industrial clients.
We are currently seeking a full time Energy Efficiency Engineer II to join our Intelligent Devices team. The person selected to fill this position will leverage in depth knowledge and experience in energy efficiency, IoT devices (including networked lighting), IT, data analytics, and related technologies to help research, validate, and guide workable solutions that reduce energy usage and create large scale savings for our clients. As a member of the Energy Solutions team, you will have a broad impact on energy efficiency markets and greenhouse gas reductions through our work for major North American utilities, and other national leaders in energy efficiency. This unique market opportunity, paired with Energy Solutions mission driven approach, creates a perfect environment for individuals who want to have an active voice in shaping the energy future in California and beyond.
Daily responsibilities for our IoT Engineer II position include, but are not limited to:
- Applied electrical engineering and information technologies
- Lighting, networked lighting controls, lighting system design and related technology research
- Internet of Things, device networking protocols, standards, research and validation
- Technical literature searches and technical writing
- Energy savings calculations to document savings realized through efficiency improvements
- Assisting with program design and implementation
- Monitoring the progress of projects and communicating progress to clients and management
- Field work and interactions with utility and industry stakeholders
Minimum qualifications for the PM II position include:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology Networking, or Environmental Science and 5-7 years of energy-related school and/or professional experience
- Knowledge of and experience working with lighting and controls, networked devices, related building codes and/or minimum performance standards
- Experience with and knowledge of current trends in lighting technologies, controls and intelligent device and building system design (EMS, BMS)
- Project management experience including budget development and management
- Strategic Energy Management (SEM) and/or Lighting Certified (LC) preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong math and engineering fundamentals
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Willingness to work as part of a team
Our BART-accessible office is located in downtown Oakland, California. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package including a generous retirement package, medical, dental and vision insurance, other pre-tax contribution plans and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). To apply for this position please visit https://energy-solution.com/company/careers/. For more information about Energy Solutions, please visit us on our website at www.energy-solution.com. Information will be requested to perform the compulsory background check. EOE.