Financial Planning & Analysis Associate
FP&A Associate – Midstream Energy
Salary Commensurate with Skills and Experience
Natural Gas midstream company seeks a FP&A Associate to join their team. The company owns and operates gathering, compression, dehydration, NGL, processing, condensate removal, and gas treating facilities. This individual will support the executive team and the Board of Directors. The position provides an opportunity to join a growth-oriented midstream business as a key member of the finance team.
- Responsible for initiating, tracking, and advancing key management initiatives, including M&A, new CapEx projects, internal finance, and accounting initiatives.
- Participate in weekly and monthly executive and Board of Director meetings.
- Work with company executives to build annual budgets and forecasts and evaluate previous budgets and expenditures to develop and implement future budgets. Create reports to track performance against budget and perform variance analysis.
- Create and maintain financial models in Excel.
- Analyze financial and operational results to better understand company performance.
- Analyze historical financials, variance explanations, updated forecasts, and KPI’s.
- Communicate results and recommendations to executive team for improvements that will result in cost reduction, revenue generation, and streamlining operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics. MBA a plus.
- 2+ years of financial analysis and modeling experience in investment banking or the energy industry.
- Must be an expert in Microsoft Excel and proficient in PowerPoint, Word, and information platforms.
- Advanced financial modeling skills.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.