Why you Should Join the E3 Team
When you join the E3 team, you’ll be working on some of the most important issues of the day with some of the best minds in the electricity industry. We help shape energy and climate policy, play vital roles in regulatory proceedings, advise executives, and inform investment and planning decisions. At E3, you will be challenged and inspired.
Who We Are
Founded in 1989, Energy + Environmental Economics (E3) is a fast‐growing energy consulting firm that helps utilities, regulators, policy makers, developers, and investors make the best strategic decisions possible as they implement new public policies, respond to technological advances, and address customers’ shifting expectations.
Because E3 works with clients from all sectors of the electricity industry, we provide a 360‐degree understanding of markets, planning, policy, regulation, and environmental factors. Just as important, we are committed to delivering clear, unbiased analyses that help clients make informed decisions.
E3 works on high‐profile, high‐impact projects in jurisdictions that lead in implementing clean energy policy. In California, Hawai’i and New York, we are advising state agencies and regulators on how to implement clean energy policies with an emphasis on customer incentives and markets. E3 is also expanding its international presence with recent projects in Europe, China, India, and Africa.
E3’s greatest strengths lie in its team—the analysts, engineers, policy experts, economists, scientists, and others who have a deep understanding of contemporary analytical techniques, electricity industry economics, energy markets, and regulatory institutions.
Ultimately, our sharp focus allows us to pursue our true passion—bringing clear, unbiased analysis to the critical issues facing the energy industry today.
What Makes you a Good Fit?
We look for people who combine strong analytic skills and/or policy experience with integrity and a passion for energy. Things that set you apart:
- You believe it is essential to achieve a transition to a low‐carbon economy and love thinking about the future of energy
- You work collaboratively and support each member of our team to do their best work, aware that we all bring different skills to the table
- You take ownership for your work, proactively seeking out answers to questions and enjoying finding creative solutions to issues we encounter
- You enjoy translating technical concepts to broader audiences
- At least two years of relevant work experience in an energy‐related field
- Ability to write and communicate clearly
- Organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Desire to work in a growing remote office environment
- Masters degree or higher in engineering, economics, public policy or related field (work experience may replace degree)
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, other programming skills and experience are also valued
- Hands‐on experience in one of our five Practice Areas: Distributed Energy Resources, Clean Energy Policy, Asset Valuation, Electricity Market Analysis, and Electricity Resource Planning
- Demonstrated success managing ideas, people, and projects
E3’s Commitment to You
E3 provides abundant opportunities for professional growth. We’re highly collaborative, but everyone is encouraged to pursue their own areas of interest. Any team member may play a significant role in a project, and recent grads work alongside senior partners. We combine ongoing mentoring with a yearlong training program that prepares new hires to work independently.
E3 titles and compensation are commensurate with experience and performance. E3 also offers competitive, flexible benefits.
Please go to our application page to submit your resume and a writing sample. Also, please answer a few brief questions about you background and your interests on our application page.
E3 will review submitted application materials on a rolling basis. We will hold phone and in‐person interviews until all available positions are filled.
Finding new team members that are a good fit is important to us, so we spend significant time in our recruiting process evaluating candidates. We are mindful that some E3 candidates will apply for positions at other firms with an accelerated schedule for interviews and job offers. If you anticipate that you may need to know about E3’s decision on your candidacy by a specific date, please note the timing on your application page.
No phone calls please.