HVAC Technical Consultant - Energy Efficiency Team
Do you have HVAC technical expertise and is looking to expand your consulting skills? We are looking for you!! Our Energy Efficiency team in Columbia, MD is looking for an HVAC consultant to perform specific responsibilities in HVAC and Building Sciences. In this role you will work for utility energy efficiency programs focused on residential markets. You will assess energy conservation savings potential, work with various manufacturers, contractors, distributors, builders and suppliers, research and analyze data and technical information related to HVAC systems, conduct building surveys and life-cycle cost analyses, and be involved with marketing and communications activities. Working knowledge of and ability to grow into other energy efficiency related areas such as Smart thermostats, Home Performance contracting, and emerging technologies required. This is a home-based position with periodic visits to the Columbia, MD office. Key Responsibilities:
- Conduct outreach to HVAC manufacturers, distributors, trade associations and other HVAC professionals in order to educate and coordinate potential new concepts for energy savings opportunities. Outreach will include group presentations, individual meetings, and telephone outreach and e-mail communications.
- Provide training, technical assistance and guidance on energy efficient technologies, including emerging technologies and practices to companies participating in utility-sponsored programs.
- Provide ongoing program support to HVAC professionals, consumers and other interested parties to resolve questions and issues and to maximize program participation.
- Provide ongoing utility client support as needed. Support will include program reporting, meeting attendance and other client communication as needed.
- Work as part of a team ensuring evaluation, implementation and verification of energy efficiency projects are successfully executed.
- 5+ years of direct experience with providing optimal energy efficiency of HVAC system projects for residential customers (professional certifications or licenses preferred)
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of building energy consumption and efficiency principles, including ability to analyze and quantify consumption, and savings projections. Building Science experience a plus
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check
- Knowledge of energy efficiency and US policies for residential energy efficiency
- Experience with measurement and verification, project cost accounting, and estimating desirable.
- Industry certifications, professional affiliations, and publications are a plus (e.g., NATE, ACCA, BPI)