Land Acquisition Associate
We are seeking the best and brightest people to help build large-scale solar energy plants across the United States. 8minute Solar Energy, the largest independent developer of solar PV and energy storage projects in the U.S., seeks a Land Acquisition Associate in its Los Angeles office. The person in this role will lead project portfolio organizational efforts and will provide comprehensive support and assistance for the senior land acquisition and asset management team in a fast-paced environment and evolving market.
The land team is a highly talented, hard-working, dynamic group with extensive institutional and legacy knowledge in the renewable energy industry. The ideal candidate will have the right mix of skills, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in early stage development and ongoing asset management of large scale solar projects.
• Lead due diligence tracking, portfolio analysis, and project status reporting for one of the largest development pipelines in the industry
• Assist with new market and site analysis including investigation of land development criteria and land ownership
• Assist with review, resolution, and reporting of title matters to support financing of projects, including vesting, mineral rights, liens, taxes, and other critical matters
• Coordinate efforts among landowners, attorneys, surveyors, utilities, title companies, and other key project stakeholders
• Assist with drafting, abstraction, and execution of agreements including purchase and lease agreements, amendments, easements, crossing agreements, estoppels, subordination agreements, affidavits, etc.
• Assist in preparing land project budgets and upkeep of other various spreadsheets and documents in connection with cost projections
• Track and generate option payment spreadsheets
• Assist with special projects and reporting for other functional groups in the company including transmission, entitlement, engineering, originations, and finance teams
Key Job Skills:
• Highly proficient in MS Excel and MS Word, including use of advanced features
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Basic understanding of real estate development or finance concepts
• Ability to read and understand legal documents and real estate contracts
• Resourcefulness, a meticulous eye to detail, and investigative skills are essential
• Strong analytical and organizational skills with ability to read and analyze large amounts of project data.
• Self-motivated, possesses eagerness to learn and take initiative
• Passion for green energy and responsible development
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 3 years of real estate development or finance experience
• Experience working with and manipulating GIS databases a plus
8minute Solar Energy offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and fully paid medical and dental benefits and unlimited PTO. We are an equal opportunity employer.