Help accelerate the transition to clean local energy and a modern grid. The Clean Coalition is looking for a full-time, paid legal fellow to make a one-year commitment to assist with the following tasks:
- Research, draft, edit, and file comments, testimony, motions, and other documents with public utilities commissions and other energy agencies in California and other states
- Develop policy proposals to expand the use of local renewable energy and other distributed energy resources (DER), as well as advance grid modernization efforts
- Participate in workshops, hearings, and renewable energy policy events
About the Clean Coalition
The Clean Coalition is a non-profit organization that drives policy innovation to remove barriers to procurement and interconnection of DER — such as local renewables, advanced inverters, demand response, and energy storage — and we establish market mechanisms that realize the full potential of integrating these solutions. The Clean Coalition also collaborates with utilities and municipalities to create near-term deployment opportunities that prove the technical and financial viability of local renewables and other DER. We are active in numerous proceedings before state and federal agencies throughout the United States.
- Demonstrated interest and experience in clean energy policy
- Excellent academic background
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and exceptionally organized
- Excellent research and writing skills
- High attention to detail and commitment to producing professional work
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs)
- Based in the San Francisco Bay Area during the entire fellowship
Much of the work can be done from a home office, but there will be regular in-person work sessions, meetings, and events throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Please send a cover letter, resume, law school transcript, list of references, and a short writing sample (under 5 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should read "Legal Fellow."