Manager, Energy Markets (ERCOT)
8minute Solar Energy is the largest privately-held developer of solar and storage projects in the United States. We have one of the best development teams in the industry with a track record of delivering above-market profitability and strong financial returns on utility-scale solar and storage projects. We are seeking the best and brightest people to help make clean energy abundant.
About the Position:
Our Origination team is looking for a Manager of Energy Markets to join our Austin, TX office. The Manager of Energy Markets will join an experienced team with the main objective of providing transmission congestion analysis in the ERCOT market. The role requires knowledge of the ERCOT transmission system and experience with production cost modeling. This position will support 8minute Solar Energy’s development of utility scale solar and battery storage projects. They will also track market fundamentals and ERCOT working group meetings affecting transmission.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
- Maintain ERCOT network power model with up-to-date market intelligence
- Provide transmission congestion analysis for utility-scale solar and storage projects including basis and curtailment outlooks
- Perform market simulations with complete contingency analysis and security constrained economic dispatch and develop power market forecasts including locational marginal prices in support of development, origination and finance
- Perform sensitivity analyses with varying fundamental parameters including new build generation assumptions, transmission improvements, load growth, fuel prices, etc.
- Review input assumptions and results for various consultant studies
- Analyze historical and forward market fundamental data and present results in a clear and understandable format to management
- Participate in ERCOT stakeholder meetings as needed
- Support the development of proprietary forward revenue forecasts for power, RECs, and ancillary services for ERCOT projects as needed.
- Provide transmission analysis and guidance to developers evaluating new site prospects
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- 2-5 years experience in production cost modeling and steady state analysis
- Experience with UPLAN modeling preferred
- Experience developing or siting projects is a plus
8minute Solar Energy offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package, including 401(k) and fully paid medical and dental benefits and unlimited PTO. We are an equal opportunity employer.