Marketing Communications Manager
Target Start Date: November 2017
Reports To: Director of Communications
Location[(s)]: San Francisco, CA preferred, or New York, NY
Carbon Lighthouse has been busy laying the foundation for significant growth in 2018. Our plans are ambitious. We are taking on an immense challenge – stopping climate change. The time is right for us to bring on a passionate and reliable teammate who thinks strategically about the big picture while keeping the trains running on time. You will help us achieve big goals starting now and for years to come. Perhaps you’re fed up working at an agency executing programs for clients you don’t feel passionate about. Or maybe you’re in-house at a company that doesn’t empower you to impact growth. You have a lot to offer. You can think on your feet. You can execute with grace and equanimity. You hold yourself to high standards. You want to grow. If this sounds familiar, we want to meet you.
Carbon Lighthouse is looking for a dynamic Marketing Communications Manager to support our rapidly growing Marketing function. In this role, you will oversee public relations campaigns, media relations, social media execution, event management and other marketing initiatives that support the broad awareness of Carbon Lighthouse. You will work in partnership with the Director of Communications and our sales, engineering and creative teams to support our business growth through clear, compelling and engaging communications.
You should have a keen ability to evaluate the task at hand to ensure it is driving the most value. You have strong project management and client service experience, whether supporting internal clients or an agency’s clients. You will manage external resources and agencies to help Carbon Lighthouse achieve broad and category awareness with key audiences across four industry verticals and three U.S. regions. As the fifth team member of the Carbon Lighthouse Marketing Team, you will contribute to a variety of marketing initiatives, including but not limited to digital marketing, content development, referral marketing, and brand positioning. You should have a strong communications background but also know how to adapt to the shifting needs of a fast-growing marketing function. As we continue to grow, you will be afforded many opportunities for career growth and specialization.
About Carbon Lighthouse:
Carbon Lighthouse is on a mission to stop climate change by making it easy and profitable for building owners to eliminate carbon emissions caused by wasted energy. The company’s unique approach to Efficiency Production goes deep into buildings to uncover and continuously correct hidden inefficiencies that add up to meaningful financial value and carbon elimination that lasts. Since 2010, commercial real estate, educational, hospitality and industrial customers nationwide have chosen Carbon Lighthouse to enhance building comfort, increase net operating income and achieve their sustainability goals.
We are a team that highly values question asking, getting it done, integrity, and teamwork. We appreciate a fulfilling work-life balance, prize transparency and communication, hold ourselves to high standards of performance and professionalism, strive for dynamism and innovation, and support our team members’ professional development.
- Serve as day-to-day contact for Carbon Lighthouse’s PR agencies and oversee program and campaign execution
- Support media relations, including proactive pitching, handling incoming media inquiries and staffing media briefings
- Oversee Carbon Lighthouse’s social media channels, including program execution and community management by working in partnership with other Carbon Lighthouse internal departments, clients, and the Director of Communications
- Manage Carbon Lighthouse’s third-party credibility programs, including our Marketing Claims Database, and facilitate internal knowledge-sharing initiatives between Sales, Engineering and Marketing
- Manage Carbon Lighthouse’s sponsorship activities and attend industry conferences and events (estimated travel in this role: 20-25%)
- Assess the value of incoming and ad hoc marketing opportunities, like sponsorships, awards, industry memberships and presentation opportunities, and recommend whether to invest in them
- 5-7 years of PR/Ad/Marketing agency or in-house experience
- Highly organized work style and a honed attention to detail with a “get-it-done” attitude
- Proven track record managing B2B public relations/communications programs and campaigns in a responsible, dependable and results-driven manner
- Experience managing external vendors and resources, such as PR agencies, writing freelancers, content producers, videographers, photographers, or similar
- Experience managing social media programs or community management for B2B or B2C companies
- Passion for clean energy, sustainability or mission-driven organizations
- Curiosity about other areas of Marketing
- B2C communications or customer testimonial PR programs experience
- Established media relationships in education, real estate, business or financial verticals
- Experience working in or with high growth companies
- Skills with or knowledge of design programs like Illustrator, Photoshop, SlideShare, Prezi
- Experience managing on-site marketing activations, like private events and photo/video shoots
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary + equity
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous vacation policy
- Fully paid maternity and paternity leave benefits
- Subsidized public transit and bike to work benefits
If you’re excited about our environmental mission and this looks like a fit, you should apply! Please fill out the brief application form at carbonlighthouse.com/about-us/careers and be prepared to submit three references at a later date.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we look forward to hearing from you.