Marketing Manager II
(commercial customer segment assignment)
Public Affairs Team
The Marketing Manager I and II work under general supervision from the Deputy Director of Marketing Communications and have a wide range of responsibilities related to the implementation of marketing efforts for the Public Affairs department of MCE.
The Marketing Managers I & II contribute to the planning and implementation of a wide variety of marketing campaigns and events and work closely with MCE staff and consultants as needed to implement effective marketing strategies.
Marketing Managers I & II are responsible for supporting MCE’s customer marketing, including developing marketing campaigns, engagement strategies, metrics, digital and physical outreach, social media, and partnerships.
In addition, the Marketing Manager I and II may support and or oversee media buys, drafting press releases and communications materials, and contributing to the development of the MCE Public Affairs annual budget.
The Marketing Manager I position is differentiated from Marketing Manager II in that the latter has greater responsibilities and related experience.
- The Marketing Manager II position may have supervisory responsibilities.
- The Marketing Manager I position may have supervisory or lead worker responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Illustrative Only)
The duties and responsibilities are dependent upon the level of the position and/or assignment.
- Develops and drafts press releases, blog and social media posts, e-news articles, and web, email marketing, and print content.
- Reviews and updates MCE collateral copy.
- Updates website as needed.
- Prepares and distributes miscellaneous documents as needed such as information packets for interested parties.
- Helps manage and maintain MCE’s social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Nextdoor.
- Responds to public social media comments and inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Contributes to the creation of advertising and customer engagement campaigns.
Marketing Strategy & Analysis
- Manages and creates strategic marketing campaigns including email, social media, webinars and indirect outreach through MCE stakeholders to foster brand awareness and encourage MCE program participation.
- Coordinates marketing, education and outreach activities for assigned customer segments (i.e., residential, commercial and industrial, or municipal and advocacy groups) across the organization.
- Provides thought leadership for assigned customer segment outreach (i.e., residential, commercial and industrial, or municipal and advocacy groups), including develop voice of customer profiles.
- Analyzes email, advertising, education, event, social, and online campaign performance and provides regular reports, insights, and strategies for improvements.
- Effectively manages and serves as a liaison to 3rd party vendors in support of the above and on behalf of the public affairs team.
- Networks, engages, and fosters relationships with organizations and partners and that may assist MCE with its mission, public outreach, and brand equity growth.
- Provides basic marketing support services, including photography and social media mentions for key stakeholders and customers enrolled in special programs.
- As assigned, provides supervision and/or lead work direction to assigned Public Affairs team staff members and interns, including initial and annual performance evaluations.
- As assigned, assists with the implementation of MCE's Strategic Plan.
Marketing Manager I:
Education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in communications, marketing, business, or a related field and at least 2 years of experience in the implementation of marketing efforts. Supervisory or lead worker experience and work in a public agency or utility are desirable.
Marketing Manager II:
Education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in communications, business, marketing, or a related field and at least 4 years of experience in the implementation of marketing efforts. Supervisory experience and work in a public agency or utility are desirable.
- The organization and operations of a local government joint powers authority agency.
- The history of Community Choice Aggregation legislation and implementation in California and the history, implementation and operation of MCE.
- Principles, techniques, and methods of public information and education, and community relations.
- Best practices for commercial customer engagement, education and outreach.
- Consumer marketing best practices including social media and events.
- E-mail marketing platforms such as Constant Contact.
- Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Adobe Creative Suite including Acrobat, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Interact effectively with customers, local community groups and organizations, and MCE staff and Board of Directors and committees.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with persons encountered in the performance of duties.
- Effectively manage work through other staff members, in particular those supervised.
- Manage projects and time efficiently.
- Be detail oriented and to multi-task when needed.
- Resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Manage multiple priorities and quickly adapt to changing priorities in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Take responsibility and work independently, as well as coordinate team efforts.
- Work accurately and swiftly under pressure.
- Demonstrate patience, tact, and courtesy.
The person hired for this position will focus on marketing and communications for MCE’s commercial customers (including SMB, enterprise, and industrial segments). As part of your application, please choose one of these commercial segments and submit a writing sample in a format that you think would most effectively reach your chosen segment. The goal of your piece is to get customers to opt up to Deep Green 100% renewable energy. Please be sure to note in your submission the segment that you have chosen and your reason for selecting the format that you did.
Formats might include a social media post, press release, case study, blog post, direct email, etc. The writing sample can be an excerpt. Writing samples will be evaluated on quality of writing, messaging, and strategy for selecting the chosen format.
MCE requests qualified applicants provide their writing sample, cover letter, and resume via email to jobs@MCEcleanenergy.org no later than 4pm, on Monday, September 17, 2018. All applications will be screened for minimum qualifications. The candidates who are most qualified for the current opening will be invited to interviews. First round interviews are tentatively planned for September 26-27.
To View the Full Job Announcement Visit the MCE Careers Page at: https://www.mcecleanenergy.org/careers/