Natural Resources Attorney
Mountain States Legal Foundation seeks 1-2 natural resource attorneys for immediate hire. MSLF is a nonprofit, public interest legal foundation dedicated to individual liberty, the right to own and use property, limited and ethical government, and the free enterprise system. Key to our work is the legal staff that advances our mission and principles in courts within the Mountain States and throughout the nation. We are a small team of dedicated professionals. As such, our attorneys are a critical part of MSLF’s team and should possess the passion, commitment, and strategic vision needed to drive our mission to new heights.
Responsibilities and duties include:
Attorneys must be willing to develop natural resources/environmental cases from the ground up and to pursue matters through all levels of appeal. Each Attorney is responsible for his or her own caseload supporting the development of natural resources. Responsibilities include developing and managing cases, factual and legal research and writing, motion practice, and appellate advocacy.
Attorneys work under the supervision of the General Counsel.
• 3-12 years of experience, with the bulk of experience in natural resources/environmental law.
• Significant administrative law/litigation experience.
• Strong research and writing skills.
• Licensed to practice law in Colorado or eligible to waive into the Colorado bar.
• An enthusiastic team player.
• Passion for MSLF’s mission: a deep interest in protecting the right to own and use property, limited and ethical government, individual liberty, and the free enterprise system.
Commensurate with experience. Compensation package includes health and dental benefits, vacation and sick days, a retirement plan, plus more.
How To Apply:
• Cover letter detailing:
• your salary requirements
• why you are interested in the position, MSLF’s mission, and how your experience and background will ensure success
• your interest in relocating to Denver metro area if applicable
• Writing sample (preferably a brief)
• References are appreciated but not required
Please include “Attorney, MSLF – Your Name” in the subject line of your email.
Materials should be emailed in one PDF document to our paralegal, Jane Larrew: firstname.lastname@example.org
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.