PR Account Executive
PR Account Executive
Are you a born communicator with entrepreneurial spirit, passionate about professional services and/or clean energy technology, and a proven PR performer with 2-3 years of experience managing B2B accounts? We’re Trevi Communications, a PR and marketing communications firm north of Boston with clients from Berlin to Boston to Berkeley. And we’d like to meet you.
Trevi Communications is a busy and fast-growing PR and marketing communications firm. Our principals combine a long history of achievement with a particular focus on emerging technology, renewables and energy storage, as well as a healthy professional services practice. We create meaningful content by crafting compelling stories that help clients build brand awareness, increase customer engagement, produce results and generate revenue.
We’re strategic thinkers who also provide hands-on tactical execution – developing and implementing day-to-day writing, editing and project management initiatives. Our agency is intentionally small and client relationships personal. We don’t try to be everything to everyone. Instead, we focus on doing what we like to do, and what we think we’re good at, for organizations we can help.
We’re looking for a smart, dynamic and motivated individual with 2-3 years of full-time professional PR experience, preferably on the agency side, who wants to take on an important role in B2B programs. You should have a B.A. or B.S. degree in a discipline related to PR, journalism or communications. Prior experience managing accounts or PR teams is a must. Energy or tech background a huge plus.
Qualities and qualifications:
- 2 – 3 years of experience managing B2B PR accounts for technology companies
- Superb written and oral communications skills
- Outstanding client relations skills
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- Able to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
- Solid social/digital media skills as they relate to public relations
- Adept at learning about new industries and technology solutions
- Able to distill complex technical information into layman’s terms
What will you do?
Working directly with Trevi’s principals, you’ll support development and implementation of media and analyst relations/publicity, account management and social media programs for technology and professional services clients.
- Serve as lead or second chair member of the Trevi account team(s)
- Write and edit press releases, bylined articles, newsletters, blog posts, and website content
- Cultivate/build upon relationships with journalists/bloggers; pitch media, secure placements, coordinate media requests for clients
- Develop client reports as needed, conduct client-related research, arrange and attend meetings, events and conference calls
- Coordinate media-client interviews at industry conferences and events
- Implement and maintain integrated digital and social media programs
What do we offer?
As a member of the Trevi team and part of a growing 8-person start-up, you’ll be involved in the full breadth of the profession, from strategy to tactics. We offer a professional and collegial work environment, interesting and challenging work assignments and fair compensation. We take pride in our ability to deliver solutions, opportunities and new ideas to our clients to help them achieve greater levels of success, and we seek team members who will actively engage in that mission.
In addition, working at Trevi means you’ll enjoy:
- Suburban Boston commute (right off Routes 1 and 95) with free parking
- Casual work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Culture that nurtures professional growth
- Occasional office canine visits