The Energy Coalition (TEC) is a California-based 501(c)3 nonprofit with over forty years’ experience in partnering with communities, public agencies, private companies, educators and policymakers to design and implement sustainability strategies. As a social change organization, TEC’s mission is to create an abundant and healthy world by inspiring others to take responsible environmental actions. Working through our three core service areas - energy policy leadership, engagement and education, and smart energy solutions - we collectively achieve valuable environmental savings that benefit everyone.
TEC’s team consists of passionate self-starters who are motivated by their commitment to creating a sustainable future. We nurture the professional growth of our employees by offering opportunities for staff to apply and develop their skills, encouraging staff to learn from one another, and through in-house training and professional development funds to build expertise. TEC strives to create a great working environment that is open, flexible and collegial. While TEC’s team works hard to tackle challenging and meaningful work we also take time to celebrate our successes. If you are looking to join a high performance organization focused on achieving a sustainable future, apply today!
TEC is seeking a full-time Project Coordinator (PC) based in Irvine, CA to provide administrative, planning, coordination, technical and implementation support to other team members to contribute to the successful implementation of The Energy Network program. This program engages the collective action of public agencies to save energy and money while protecting their community’s valuable resources. The goal of The Energy Network is to provide guidance to public agencies as they plan, finance, and implement energy efficiency projects. The PC will support the team to serve public agencies throughout the implementation of energy efficiency projects from identification through construction. A successful candidate will have the ability to track project details and documents, have a passion for energy efficiency/ green building, and be able to effectively support multiple team members.
- Support Project Managers with energy efficiency projects from identification to completion for public agencies, as assigned;
- Assist in the completion of utility incentive applications;
- Review project approval documents;
- Support the finalization of installation reports and identify discrepancies and problems;
- Coordinate with energy consulting engineers under the direction of Project Managers;
- Analyze data (i.e. utility bills), compute energy efficiency calculations using standard templates and methods;
- Attend project meetings and site visits;
- Assist team in answering technical questions from public agencies. Tasks may also include coordination with external engineering firms to obtain the appropriate response;
- Support set up, execution and follow-up of training sessions to help public agencies use energy planning tools developed by the Energy Network;
- Support Project Manager reviews of subcontractor invoices;
- Coordinate and implement project initiatives, events, and client and team meetings, as assigned. Tasks may include scheduling, preparing agendas and note-taking;
- Assist in tracking, reporting and analysis of metrics on attainment of contracted goals, deliverables and objectives by using tracking templates and customer relationship management (CRM) databases;
- Produce regularly scheduled updates and reports on the progress of assigned projects;
- Coordinate with program vendors and subcontractors as directed for program activities;
- Review project documents for accuracy;
- Organize and maintain program documents (both soft and hard copy);
- Develop and distribute program communications;
- Compile report narratives and gather supporting materials;
- Develop a solid comprehension of program components and initiatives;
- Maintain positive relationships with stakeholders, such as public agencies, community organizations, strategic partners and subcontractors/vendors;
- Conduct research as instructed and present findings to internal staff; and
- Serve as a company-wide resource for TEC.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field;
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience desired;
- Able to navigate and learn spreadsheet program functionality with strong basic MS Excel skills and familiarity with advanced functions such as lookup tables and conditional formatting;
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills;
- Engineering background, industry expertise, or energy efficiency consulting experience desired;
- Prior green building and/or LEED knowledge desired;
- Ability to quickly learn and understand fundamentals of building systems, building energy performance, energy efficiency concepts, energy project financing terminology, best practices, and assessment/measurement;
- Experience with utility rebate program, applications and processes desired;
- Possess strong analytical skills demonstrated by the ability to capture and analyze data in a spreadsheet format;
- Good project management skills - Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks to support various team members; Ability to complete assignments in a thorough, accurate and timely manner; Attention to detail and follow-through in tasks that meet contract deliverables;
- Proficiency in writing reports and business correspondence;
- Ability to perform required project tasks independently;
- Embraces routine tasks, but flexible enough to adapt to change;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Proficient in English (verbal and written);
- Experience with SalesForce platform and Google Apps preferred;
- Valid driver’s license, insurance, access to a vehicle and willingness to travel throughout Southern California to attend meetings and events*;
- This position may occasionally require work outside of regular business hours, including nights and weekends; and
- Have active cell phone plan service.
To apply for this position, submit a letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Project Coordinator”.