Project Development Manager
Cratus Energy Management is a fast growing solar development company based in San Francisco and developing solar and solar plus storage project across the United States. We are an affiliate of Industry Capital, a San Francisco based private equity firm investing in real assets globally. Cratus is looking for a Project Developer level individual to become a critical part of our company’s growth.
The Project Developer role helps manage the technical aspects of projects through the project development process from early stage site evaluation through complete development to handover to EPC, or prepare for sale at NTP. This person is a key member of the project development team, working with the business development directors and the business development analyst as well as holding responsibilities for full design and construction phases and working closely with the Operations Team and report to the SVP of Development.
He/She manages preparation of technical input to the project development process including site layouts, project performance estimates, project capital and O&M cost estimates, site surveys and geotechnical reports, hydrology and conceptual grading & drainage designs, project descriptions and technical data for permit applications, and conceptual plant substation and gen-tie designs. The PDM manages, reviews, and coordinates deliverables from the EPC group and deliverables from outside consultants and specialty contractors. He/She will be assigned to multiple projects simultaneously depending on project development status and project needs. The position will require regular travel in support of projects and business development.
- Assess and anticipate deliverable needs; manage budget, schedules, Document Management System and scope of work documents; communicate resource requirements to senior management; participate in contract review and RFP review
- Manage the project transitions and hand-offs from preliminary through full-design to NTP sale or construction phases
- Provide technical input and direction to the following: site evaluation and characterization, permitting, technology selection, power purchase agreements, interconnect applications and agreements, financial modeling, and other project development aspects
- Develop and evaluate options to optimize cost and scheduling and develop “work around plans” as required to recover schedule
- Represent Cratus Energy Management in development, permitting and marketing meetings on engineering and technical issues
- Primary interface with development directors and senior management on matters relating to development engineering progress, quality, scope and schedule
Skill & Experience Requirements
- 5+ years solar industry project development management experience in the design/build,
- EPC, or electric utility generation fields, including project development and permitting, conceptual and detailed design, project engineering management, scope preparation, scheduling, cost estimating, procurement, and contracts
- BS degree, preferred -- engineering discipline, desirable
- Expert level of proficiency in office suite software, project management software, engineering software, yield modeling software (PVSyst and similar programs)
- Advanced written, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal skill
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong "hands on" technical skills with a keen, thorough attention to detail.
- Commitment, ability, and prior experience in meeting deadlines for monthly and quarterly reporting, and special projects; preparing thorough and complete analyses and reconciliations with appropriate documentation and follow-up.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage a demanding workload involving multiple tasks, responsibilities and deadlines with professional follow-through and minimal supervision.
- Enjoys working in a very “hands on” and detail-oriented environment.
- Self-starter with flexibility, desire to learn, willing to ask questions and take ownership of projects.
- Compensation: Salary dependent on experience
- Benefits include employee covered medical/dental & vision, commuter benefits & wellness benefits. 401K plan with 6% (or $3,000) employer matching.