Project Finance Analyst
This is an opportunity to be part of a world-class team at the nexus of three of the most exciting developments in energy today – big data, machine learning, and energy storage.
Stem creates innovative technology services that transform the way energy is distributed and consumed. Stem’s mission is to build and operate the largest digitally-connected energy storage network for our customers. Our world-class analytics optimize the value of customer’s energy assets and facilitate their participation in energy markets, yielding economic and societal benefits while decarbonizing the grid. We create automated, price-responsive systems that enable C&I customers to predict and control electricity costs and capture savings in a rapidly-evolving utility landscape. The Stem system combines predictive analytics and advanced energy storage with a high-fidelity software user interface. By buffering spikes in energy usage, Stem also reduces the impact of the C&I customer on the utility grid and enables better grid citizenship. Through innovation in technology and financing, our goal is to optimize the relationships between energy providers and consumers.
This role is for someone inspired by the opportunity to take on a key role in commercializing and financing energy storage projects – including financial modeling, project finance closings, partnership structuring, new market analysis, and corporate- and project-level financing strategy in a high-growth start-up environment. This position will report to the Sr. Manager, Project Finance.
- Develop and maintain financial models to evaluate and price project financings; integrate these project models with corporate models to support management decision making
- Collaborate with the Business Development and Commercial teams on pricing analyses
- Support project and corporate finance fundraising processes, including management of diligence processes
- Assist in the origination, development, pricing, and structuring of projects in new markets
- Work closely with senior members of finance team in all aspects of interacting with investors and lenders
- Facilitate deal documentation and project and corporate financing closings
- Improve risk management via consistent use of processes and controls, prudent transaction structuring, and rigorous project diligence
- Non FP&A Reporting for internal and investor purposes
- Proficient experience in financial modeling and discounted cash flow analyses
- Skillful at cross-functional collaboration
- Execution-oriented and able to drive projects from start to close
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent (English) communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to convey ideas and positions clearly
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Word and computer skills
- Familiarity with energy, energy storage, and project financing a plus
- Familiarity with SalesForce a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in energy, structured finance, or project finance
- Financial modelling