Real Estate Associate
Atlas Renewable Power offers an entry-level part time position, with a possible transition into full time position, to assist with solar and battery energy storage development and related consulting services in the renewable energy industry. This position is responsible for identification of properties suitable for solar and battery energy storage development, real property negotiations, real property due diligence, and preparing the real property component of projects for financing and development.
Applicant will work in the San Francisco, California office.
- Conduct desktop searches for potential project sites using Google Earth
- Establish and maintain a site selection database
- Track key transaction information and ensure compliance with real estate contract terms
- Conduct outreach to landowners via mailers and/or phone calls.
- Lead negotiations and establish site control with real property option, lease, purchase and/or easement contracts.
- Identify risks and corresponding mitigation strategies associated with transaction structures, title matters, and environmental conditions.
- Manage preparation of the real property component of development projects for financing by clearing interfering title matters, commissioning Phase I Environmental reports and ALTA Surveys
- Conduct preliminary permitting screening of sites with local jurisdictions and support the early stages of project permitting
- Generate, manage, and report project specific budgets and schedules
- Must be highly personable self-starter
- Ability to work remotely or in person when needed
- Detail oriented
- Strong project management skills to maintain progress on multiple ongoing projects with multiple clients
- Ability to prioritize tasks and juggle competing deadlines effectively
- Proficiency in Google Earth and Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of SmartSheet or ArcGIS a plus
- An understanding of real estate acquisition contract terms and strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and commercial skills
- Ability to receive constructive feedback
- Exposure to the renewable energy industry is a plus
- A Bachelor’s degree and some real estate experience required
Located in San Francisco, Atlas Renewable Power is a renewable energy development and consulting company with expertise in renewable energy and energy storage. The company was formed in January 2013 to respond to the growing demand for clean, carbon-free, renewable energy.
Atlas will consider individuals with a broad range of experience and skills. To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. First consideration date is January 10, 2018.