Renewable Client Services Manager
Edison Energy is a business created to meet the needs of the new energy future, while drawing on more than 130 years of energy and utility experience as part of Edison International.
We create competitive advantage for market leaders by quantifying energy risk and designing the portfolio solution to protect shareholder value threatened by complex energy policies, technological advancements, and new products. Our clients are leaders in how they think about energy risk and long-term sustainability issues impacting their stakeholders.
Edison Energy is part of Edison International (NYSE:EIX), one of the nation’s leading energy suppliers with revenues in excess of $11B and more than 12,000 employees. Through its subsidiaries, it generates and distributes electric power and provides products to meet the needs of an ever-changing energy marketplace.
The Client Service team is responsible for managing the client relationship throughout the lifecycle of a renewable energy acquisition engagement. These engagements range from full energy portfolio analysis to renewable energy procurement initiatives to facility level profiling. The team works as a partner to the client’s internal energy and sustainability teams – analyzing the client’s electricity portfolio to understand how new renewable energy contracts would interact with the existing energy strategy and load, educating stakeholders and executives, developing a cohesive strategy and project plan, coordinating internally to execute on the project plan, using analytics to evaluate the most favorable wind or solar project selection and identify key risks, and supporting commercial discussions as well as executive approvals of a definitive agreement. The Client Service Manager is responsible for delivering this high quality advisory service to clients.
- Manage client relationship by delivering high quality, timely and value-added services. This work will include:
- Evaluating projects, company portfolio, and market price probabilistic analytics to deliver client recommendations and identify key risks to be mitigated
- Preparing financial and commercial analysis of various contract structures and scenarios for energy procurement
- Preparing and presenting collateral for client education and market updates – presentations will often be to senior executives at Fortune 500 companies
- Working with the Supply and Analytics team to prepare and deliver actionable client results on schedule
- Understanding and interpreting the mechanics of energy delivery contracts
- Serving in a consultant role on specific assignments, including energy projects, risk mitigation, price forecasting, commercial negotiations, and contract management
- Assisting in the identification of new clients and business opportunities, participate in preparing proposals for new business.
- Supporting the Edison Energy Analytics, Account Management, and Sales teams as needed.
- 5-10 years of electricity market experience at any of the following: energy management team at a corporation or institution dealing with wholesale and retail strategies, utility or retailer, renewable project developer, electricity consulting firm
- Detailed understanding of power purchase agreements (PPAs) for renewable energy
- Comprehensive understanding of wholesale and retail energy markets, renewable energy development and financing, and corporate energy procurement strategies
- Senior Manager title will be considered for appropriate experience level
- Must be a strong communicator, both in writing and in presentation skills, as the role involves significant senior level client interaction
- Must possess strong analytical skills to understand energy market fundamentals and translate data into commercial strategies and advice for clients
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple client engagements
NOTE: Edison Energy is not the same company as Southern California Edison, the utility, and Edison Energy is not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission.