Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the books and records that supports the Company’s general ledger and related sub-ledgers. This includes establishing internal controls and procedures for all of the Company’s routine, non-routine, and estimation data processes affecting the general ledger.
- Assists in the day to day maintenance of the general ledger and related sub-ledgers with emphasis on high risk and complex accounting areas.
- Perform account reconciliations and analyses for high risk accounting areas.
- Conduct more complex month-end close procedures including preparing journal entries related to areas of higher accounting risk.
- Identifies internal control weaknesses or deficiencies and develops procedures to remediate accordingly.
- Maintains evidence of controls performed in assists in the SOX testing process in more complex areas.
- Assists in the external and internal audit process by preparing schedules and analyses in high risk areas while addressing questions that arise during company audits.
- Mentors and provides consultation to less experienced members of the Accounting Department.
- Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (preferred) OR Finance, Economics, or Mathematics with a minor in Accounting (or a minimum of 15 credit hours in Accounting).
Typically requires 4 or more years of accounting experience within a publicly held company or a large privately held organization OR has at least three years of experience as an external auditor with a national accounting firm. (Oil & Gas experience preferred).