SUMMARY – SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
Assist Vice President of Accounting with the establishment and buildout of accounting and reporting department for recently funded upstream oil and gas company headquartered in Dallas, Texas. This newly created role will handle all aspects of accounting and reporting, including general ledger, revenue, fixed assets, oil and gas accounting, accounts payable, financial reporting and other assigned accounting tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Accounting and Reporting
· Record all journal entries
· Prepare all account reconciliations
· Record all monthly revenues and expenses
· Prepare monthly financial statements
· Other assigned accounting and reporting duties
Reporting & Analysis:
· Assist in preparation of monthly management report and accompanying schedules
· Assist in preparation of monthly budget vs. actual analysis
· Assist in providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances.
Audits & Income Tax:
· Coordinate annual external audit
· Assist in the preparation of supporting schedules for income tax filings
· Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures.
· Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
· Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
· Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
· Understanding of Oil and Gas Accounting
· Strong analytical and accounting skills.
· Experience with Microsoft Office Products
· Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
· Bachelors of Science in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited university.
· Two to three years progressively responsible accounting experience
· Public accounting experience preferred
· Dependent upon experience