Cratus Energy is a fast growing solar development company based in San Francisco and developing solar and solar plus storage project across the United States. We are an affiliate of Industry Capital, a San Francisco based private equity firm investing in real assets globally. Cratus is looking for a Senior Accountant level individual to become a critical part of our company’s growth.
This person, with support, will act as a both a bookkeeper, an analyst, and a Controller for our projects and company. Will work in partnership with our core management and development team, and will report to Cratus’ President.
- Prepares journal entries and/or reviews journal entries or multiple early state
- Prepares financial statements for multiple early state
- Analyzes, researches and provides explanations of activity and/or transactions where necessary.
- Prepares, updates and maintains balance sheet reconciliations for multiple early state entities.
- Accounts for, monitors, and reports on business expense account spending for eligible employees in accordance with company policies and
- Prepares monthly invoices with appropriate supporting documentation and bills third parties in accordance with the terms of professional service agreements (if applicable)
- Assists and advises with monitoring cash and cash
- Assists and advises on the preparation of the operating and capital budget on a quarterly or annual basis
- Assists with the provision of information to external auditors for the annual financial statement audit (if applicable)
- Liaison with our tax firm for local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Develop thorough knowledge of operations for renewable energy asset origination and operating projects.
- Assist in the tracking of capital spending against approved capital requests.
- Set-up and maintain the accounting and permanent files for existing and new legal entities, investments, and project bank financing on a current basis.
Skill & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in accounting or related
- 2-5 years' experience in accounting/bookkeeping, preferably in manufacturing, energy or related field with cost accounting
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close
- Familiarity with financial statements and the ability to explain
- Ability to meet a constant stream of
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook and Quickbooks. Other accounting software experience is viewed favorably.
- Experience in Multi-level consolidations with noncontrolling interests.
- Experience in Equity and cost accounting for investments.
- Experience in Project Financing.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong "hands on" technical skills with a keen, thorough attention to detail.
- Strong technical and analytical accounting background and familiarity or experience with complex accounting issues such as, consolidations, US GAAP issues, multiple corporate structures, equity and investment accounting.
- Commitment, ability, and prior experience in meeting deadlines for monthly and quarterly reporting, and special projects; preparing thorough and complete analyses and reconciliations with appropriate documentation and follow-up.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage a demanding workload involving multiple tasks, responsibilities and deadlines with professional follow-through and minimal supervision.
- Enjoys working in a very “hands on” and detail-oriented environment.
- Self-starter with flexibility, desire to learn, to ask questions, and take ownership of projects.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Compensation: Salary dependent on relevant experience
- Benefits include employee covered medical/dental & vision, commuter benefits & wellness benefits. 401K plan with 6% (or $3,000) employer matching.