Position Title: Senior Analyst
Employment Status: Full Time
Location: Portland, Oregon (remote employee)
About Waypoint: Waypoint is a commercial energy efficiency company that delivers utility and public services for the commercial real estate sector. Waypoint’s core mission is to significantly decrease energy usage within the commercial building sector through advanced energy analytics and innovative market deployment programs. Our multidisciplinary team of technical experts and commercial real estate professionals develops and implements innovative market engagement strategies with demonstrated cost savings. In a short time, Waypoint has established itself as a trusted advisor to national commercial real estate companies, utilities, and select federal, state, and local government agencies.
Position Summary: As a Senior Analyst, you will lead and execute on work streams to ensure the successful implementation of efficiency program management services in support of program execution. In addition to successfully helping to deliver programs, you will work with Waypoint management and clients to expand our existing business lines over time. Primary responsibilities include outreach to help motivate and manage customers planning and completing commercial new construction and retrofit energy efficiency projects. Other responsibilities will include conducting market research, analyzing data, and crafting project deliverables such as research reports and presentations, proposal responses for new work and creating tools and resources.
Additionally, you will support Waypoint management in the development of new program offerings and the capture of new work opportunities. Success in this role will depend upon the timely completion of high-quality project deliverables, the development of innovative new ideas that help us add value for our clients, and overall client satisfaction. The work is challenging and meaningful. Every day you will be working towards helping society better utilize its energy resources. A background in management consulting, energy efficiency, commercial real estate, utility project-management or an equivalent field is preferred for this role.
This is an ideal job for someone with a long-term interest in understanding the inner workings of the commercial building and energy efficiency markets. The ideal candidate will also have a passion and capacity for working in an evolving, fast-paced, growth environment.
- Customer outreach and management regarding utility incentives and energy efficiency projects
- Drive customers to complete energy efficiency projects to bring in energy savings for utilities
- Conduct research on energy efficiency markets, building portfolios and utility customers
- Conduct data analysis and identify market trends
- Draft and complete deliverables in a range of formats, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Draft and deliver briefings and professional correspondence for review/circulation by management
- Actively take management guidance and execute discrete project tasks
- Assist management in attaining business development targets
- Work with management to design key project methodologies and analytical approaches
- Oversee day-to-day project work
- Meet in-person with Waypoint’s clients and partners
- Actively cultivate and maintain relationships with clients and market partners
- Identify potential opportunities for expanding business with existing clients
- Lead individual components of proposals
- Assist management in development and execution of business development strategies
- BA or BS degree and 2 - 5 years of relevant experience
- Must have 2 years of customer management/customer outreach experience
- Have experience with energy, utility, and/or commercial real estate market needs
- Ability to learn building technologies and energy engineering concepts
- Have advanced understanding of building components and energy efficiency measures
- Have firm understanding of consulting skills/problem solving methodologies
- Possess the ability to think strategically, design and execute analysis and derive key findings with some help from Waypoint management
- Ability to self-motivate and work successfully in a remote environment
- Excellent communication skills
Compensation: Salary and bonus commensurate with experience as well as competitive benefits and stock options
Inquiries: If you believe you are well qualified for this role, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.