Senior Consultant at London Economics International, LLC
Job posting for the Boston office
Position: Senior Consultant
About London Economics International LLC:
London Economics International LLC (“LEI”) is a global economic, financial, and strategic advisory professional services firm specializing in energy, water, and infrastructure. LEI has its roots in advisory services on the initial round of privatization of electricity, gas, and water companies in the UK. The firm combines detailed understanding of market fundamentals and market rules, expertise in policy design and regulatory matters, with sophisticated analytical tools to assist its clients throughout their decision-making process.
LEI has in-depth expertise in economic and financial matters related to the electricity, gas, and water sectors; this includes commercial transactions, procurement, regulatory economics, market design, project development and market strategy. Over two decades, LEI has advised the private sector, market institutions, and governments on a diverse set of issues ranging from assets valuation and project development, renewables policy design, utility business models, energy market restructuring, to tariff design and implementation, clean technologies deployment and implementation, in virtually all deregulated markets worldwide, including in North America, Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa, the Caribbean and the Middle East.
Our staff consists of professionals from the fields of economics, finance, and public policy in offices in Boston, Chicago, Hong Kong, New York, San Francisco, and Taipei, Toronto. For more information, please refer to www.londoneconomics.com.
London Economics International LLC (“LEI”) professional staff members are required to have a detailed understanding of economic principles, strong writing skills, and working knowledge of finance. In addition, they should be capable of taking initiatives, identifying market opportunities, and performing sophisticated and relevant analysis for clients.
LEI is currently seeking a Senior Consultant for our office in Boston, MA USA. Qualified applicants should have demonstrated knowledge of economics, finance, or statistics. The applicant should have regulatory economics experience in the energy industry, demonstrated ability to successfully manage projects from inception to completion, experience in business development and client relationship management.
Senior Consultants’ scope of work and responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Support managing consultants and principals in the inception, implementation, and delivery of projects;
- Provide technical assistance to clients throughout their decision-making process;
- Support principals with testimony writing for regulatory litigation proceedings;
- Take part in proposal writing and business development initiatives;
- Model wholesale power markets and economic analysis;
- Produce price forecasts, constructing and analyzing financial models, to support commercial transactions;
- Research and write market rules and various aspects of energy market in the US and abroad; and
- Advise private and public entities in regulatory economics in US and abroad.
Candidates should have strong writing skills and the ability to convey complex concepts in a clear and concise fashion. Foreign language skills are a plus. All candidates must be comfortable working in a casual, non-hierarchical environment.
In addition to the above, successful applicants for the Senior Consultant positions will have:
- 3-5 years relevant professional experience related to energy industry/power sector; strong backgrounds in natural gas, transport, or water also considered;
- demonstrated ability to produce high quality quantitative and written analysis;
- knowledge of statistics and finance;
- ability to work independently or as a team;
- experience with an ISO/RTO or similar organization is a plus;
- ability to travel periodically (must have a valid passport);
- experience with managing projects and teams; and
- fluency in English.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a writing sample (not more than 5 pages) to email@example.com, indicating in the subject line that you are applying for the 2019 Senior Consultant position in Boston.
Although we thank all applicants for their interest, please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.