Solar Project Manager
Primary Location: Downtown San Francisco CA
Reports To: Executive Director
The Solar Project Manager role
The Solar Project Manager will lead RE-volv’s solar operations, including all solar project management, asset management, and operations and maintenance. The best candidate will have a record of success in managing solar project installations and ongoing operations, as well as the ability to learn quickly and creatively problem solve. They will have exemplary quantitative and analytical skills, possess a high attention to detail, exhibit excellent communication skills, and bring a positive attitude to the team. They will also always have an eye out for streamlining existing processes.
RE-volv is a nonprofit social enterprise focused on fighting climate change by accelerating the adoption of clean energy in local communities. RE-volv empowers people to bring clean energy to their communities by providing the upfront costs of installing solar energy systems for local nonprofits. Through an innovative solar financing model, these nonprofits immediately save on their electricity costs, while their monthly solar payments contribute to a revolving fund, which helps to pay for the next nonprofit’s solar system – a first-of-its-kind pay-it-forward model for renewable energy financing.
RE-volv has received numerous awards, including a Business Innovation Award from the U.S. Department of Energy’s Sunshot Initiative, is an inaugural member of the White House National Community Solar Partnership, and winner of the OpenIDEO Climate Innovation Fellowship.
RE-volv is at an exciting moment in the life of the organization. With 30 nonprofit solar projects financed in 10 states, RE-volv has proven that our model works, that there’s an enormous demand for our services, and that the opportunity to scale is massive.
Your role as the Solar Project Manager will be to coordinate successful installations of solar projects across the country, monitor and maintain those systems over time while maintaining relationships with those customers, and support the team in meeting quarterly deployment goals.
This is a full time position in our San Francisco office in the Financial District. This is a high impact position, requiring creativity, independence, collaboration and initiative. Compensation includes an annual salary commensurate with experience, healthcare and retirement benefits, and generous paid time off. RE-volv also provides the last Friday of every month off for personal care, which we call RE-charge Days. RE-volv allows flexible work hours and is committed to supporting a good work-life balance.
By choosing to work at RE-volv, you know that your efforts everyday are not just helping promote solar, but helping myriad nonprofits lower their electric bill, so they can be more successful in serving their communities around the country. Position starts as soon as possible.
Project Management– manage project milestones for solar system installation, from post-sale project initiation to interconnection
- Oversee third-party logistics, including coordinating shipment of in-kind donated solar equipment as well as tracking inventory
- Ensure that installer milestones are being paid in a timely manner, collect documentation associated with each milestone, and maintain project milestones in Salesforce
- Collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data from nonprofits
- Assist installers in applying for & tracking solar rebate information, SRECs, or any other solar incentives associated with each solar project
- Work with installers to coordinate any maintenance, repairs, replacements, or any other operational concerns encountered among fleet of solar systems
- Provide ongoing customer service & update nonprofit partners on solar system maintenance
- Ensure that all fund milestones are documented properly & broadcasted to funding partners
- Manage accounts with third-party funding partners, and meet with them regularly to report on current pipeline of opportunities & performance of operating fleet and track key milestones in Salesforce
- Maintain financial and regulatory qualification criteria for solar markets across the country, for each finance product offered
- Monitor solar systems several times per week, diagnose deviations in performance projections, and investigate any underperformance issues
- Perform monthly true-ups of solar system performance, and provide monthly and annual reports to nonprofit partners and funding partners on performance trends & revenue streams
Sales Operations – provide operations support to sales team as they navigate the sale of solar systems to nonprofit partners
- Submit monthly invoices to all Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) customers, track payment of invoices, and follow-up on any missing payments
- Assist in energy & rate analysis, and maintain database of rate schedules in all areas of operation; assist sales team in expanding database for new markets
- Provide quality control on finance calculations, and support sales team in producing accurate savings analyses
- Work in Salesforce to streamline existing sales workflows, implement new automations, and maintain data integrity
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of project management experience in the solar sector
- Advanced Salesforce experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- A detailed knowledge of utility rate plans & solar savings analyses
- Excellent written and phone communication skills
- Ability to self-manage deadlines and tasks
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting renewable energy, mitigating climate change, and building an equitable and sustainable society
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter detailing your relevant experience, salary requirements, and interest in the position via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Solar Project Manager Application” in the subject line. No calls, please.