US Business Manager
Strict Standards: Declaration of Wpjb_Form_Apply::save() should be compatible with Daq_Form_ObjectAbstract::save($append = Array) in /home/ypenergy/web/ypenergy.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard/application/libraries/Form/Apply.php on line 10
Job Title: US Business Manager
Location Agnostic: Based remotely within North America focused on the US market
Who we are:
UK Power Reserve is a leading provider of secure, flexible and low carbon services to the UK electricity market. With an 813MW portfolio of decentralized thermal power generation and battery storage assets, we help keep the country’s electricity system balanced and resilient. Our fast-ramping, low cost assets are located across England and Wales, improving competition and delivering better value to consumers.
Why work for us:
UK Power Reserve is one of the ‘challengers’ in the UK electricity sector, bringing innovative technologies and services to market which disrupt the traditional utility model. We help support the growth of renewable energy by providing power supply to the electricity system operator when it is needed to counter intermittent wind and solar production.
As well as building and operating our assets, our highly-skilled staff of over 100 offer a wide range of specialist services to market participants. These include advice and implementation relating to demand side response and aggregation, reserve and balancing, and a proprietary app called iGrid which is designed to help energy managers get best value from their assets.
The company is positioned for growth as the go-to provider of integrated flexible energy services to big industrials and corporates both inside and outside the UK.
The overall objective for the role is to develop a US business case for UKPR investment in one of the three target markets in the US (CAISO, ERCOT, PJM). This role will have support from the Business Development team back in the UK as well as the Development Manager in California, but will largely be driven by the target of two investable opportunities presented at the Board level within the next six months.
The US Business Manager will be extremely commercially minded with a background in power generation, the ability to build a business model and present that business case. The role will require the ability to delve into the detail to become the expert and champion of these investment case(s) to peers and at the Executive level. The role will be given a high amount of autonomy as well as resources with the expectation that milestones will be set to meet the pre-established targets.
While no time in England will be required this will be an option should it be beneficial in creating the business case. Travel across the US and North America will be required to develop the business case.
You will be expected to demonstrate the appropriate behaviors and commitment towards health and safety to ensure we maintain our first-class safety culture in exploring all opportunities.
- Identify investment opportunities using the BD team’s funnel system
- Turn the top opportunities into business cases complete with financial models
- Coordinate development of this business investment case with the help of the Business Development team
- Present the US business case to the Business Development team for peer input prior to refining and presenting to the executive
- Develop a pipeline of strategic partners necessary to understanding the assumptions and inputs into the US business case
- Develop relationships with execution partners necessary for when a positive investment decision is made
- Work with networks to develop a pipeline of acquisition opportunities
- Establish a Due Diligence process for US investment opportunities
- Ability to build a business case
- Strong self-starter mentality
- Financial modeling experience
- Background in project management
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work independently
- High relationship management and influencing skills
- Excellent follow-up and relationship management
- Ability to work remotely on the UK time zone when required