WEST COAST SALES MANAGER | SOLAR | SOUTHERN, CA
West Coast Sales Manager
This is an opportunity to play a critical role in a fast paced team of remotely located sales professionals. The right candidate will be the ‘glue’ connecting and aggregating the efforts of a national sales organization. This person will also play a pivotal role in interfacing with our global manufacturing organization.
- Continuously establish and develop business relationships with potential and new customers, expanding sales coverage of the CA and NV area, and providing strong service to new and existing accounts.
- Contribute to the design, development, and implementation of the company’s sales plan.
- Manage entire selling process from forecasting to actual product delivery and payment collection for all the key accounts, staying in close contact both with customers and the company’s related internal departments.
- Communication directly with customers on issues relating to their orders and shipments.
- Coordinate with Sales Support Office to ensure availability and timely delivery of modules, and to advise customers of stock status.
- Maintain close relationship and communication with existing key accounts to understand their needs regarding technical, financial, logistic and marketing support, and organize internal resources to meet those needs and identify new business opportunities.
- Analyze and monitor account customer data, and develop reports on a regular basis based on customer information and development trend.
- Ensure effective reporting of all activities under of the managed accounts to the Regional Sales Director
- Identify, establish and manage multi-tiered relationships across customers and company’s organization to ensure a long-term business partnership.
- Represent the company in local and national exhibitions and conferences.
- Handle Logistic, Financial, Quality, and Pre and After Sales issues for shipments made to customers, including coordination of documents such as Letters of Credit, Performa Invoices, Bill of Lading, shipped product information data etc.
- Stay up to date with market information, including competitors and customers benchmarking and technical and financial market requirements.
- Minimum 4-5 years previous experience within a similar role at an international company, preferably in the solar and renewable energy industry.
- Presently live in Southern, CA with a Southern, CA pipeline of contacts.
- This role is home based in CA Area, reporting to the Regional Sales Director.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills, able to influence peers.
- Proactive self-starter and problem solver.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, quick thinker, proactive, and passionate about customer satisfaction
- Experience with SalesForce.com desirable
- Collaborative style with internal and external customers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Power Point and Excel.
- Competency in Internet navigation, the use of Webmail and Oracle CRM
Competitive compensation package: Competitive base and 100% Commission, and Health Care Package.