Awarded in January 2017, ‘Huawei Solar’s Global Top 10 Most Outstanding Employees for 2016’
- Sales Management: Lead for customer RFQs, negotiations, strategic sales, channel distribution, sourcing, pricing, forecasting, contracts and delivery.
- Business Development: Proven track record with emphasis on all aspects of sales, service and customer relations, EPCs and utilities, data centers, Internet and telecom service providers, leading global OEMs in industrial, networking, enterprise, server, storage, military, and medical markets.
- Product Marketing & Strategic Planning: Experienced in development of product roadmaps, strategic portfolio planning, market requirements and new product introductions.
- Product Development & Product Management: A strong understanding of metrics-based product management, strategic commodity initiatives, relationship building, team direction, process analysis and on-time management of projects.
• Awarded, ‘Huawei Solar’s Global Top 10 Most Outstanding Employees for 2016’
• Leadership for the North American Marketing Department
• Sales responsibility for the North American Utilities
• Strategic planning liaison between Huawei headquarters and strategic accounts on the customers’ roadmaps, goals and needs
• Key influencer in defining the upcoming residential solution requirements, pricing strategy and target market definition
SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
• Closed a three-year exclusivity deal with the largest customer in the industry from an entrenched competitor
• Responsible for the product lifecycle, which included: gathering and prioritizing requirements, defining the product vision for the target markets and working closely with engineering, quality, operations, sales, marketing communications and customer service to ensure goals were met.
• Conceived, defined and drove the market requirements for the total solution, including the definition of the product strategy, business case, and roadmap.
• Established the pricing strategy, forecast and lead the new product definition.
• A member of the Executive Team with P&L responsibility reporting directly to the President of this leading company in power supply design and manufacturing solutions. Led the team of Product Marketing and Product Management for the $120M front-end power supply business through the restructuring and selling of the total business.
• Led negotiations in the US, EU and AP and implemented the sales strategies for major OEMs such as Facebook, Oracle and Cisco Systems resulting in a 30% increase in new opportunities.
• Created a technology and product roadmap based on the competitive market data, customer requirements, current product portfolio and the engineering capability.
• Formulated a global business development plan with sales, manufacturing and multiple global engineering teams.
GLOBAL MANAGER (Jul 2012 – Jan 2014)
• Responsible for P&L in this growing $27M business segment for embedded power supplies with year-over-year revenue growth
• Led the negotiations with customers in the US, EU and AP on pricing and product requirements.
• Developed product roadmaps, strategic portfolio planning and new product introductions.
• Provided forward financial planning, pricing strategies and product life cycle.
WESTERN REGIONAL SALES MANAGER (Jan 2010 – Jun 2012)
• Managed the Western U.S. sales team containing Manufacturer’s Sales Representatives in an 18-state region while expanding the market share and key account base for all the product portfolios with year-over-year revenue growth.
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT & MARKETING MANAGER (Jan 2009 – Dec 2009)
• Managed product life cycles from strategic planning to tactical initiatives.
• Created roadmaps, go-to-market strategies, product positioning, key benefits and target customers, and set strategic pricing to maximize sales opportunities.
STRATEGIC ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Nov 2006 – Jan 2009)
• Surpassed the sales quota each year and in 2008 attained 175% of an $8M quota by taking market share from the competition.
• Managed the business development for AT&T and Verizon by working closely with the customer’s executives, engineering, and supply chain.
PRODUCT MANAGER (Dec 2000 – Nov 2006)
• Managed product life cycles of four major platforms with strategic planning and tactical activities
PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER (Jan 2000 – Dec 2000)
• Created strategic roadmaps, product launch, product positioning, rollout and life cycles.
DISTRIBUTION SALES CHANNEL MANAGER (Jul 1998 – Jan 2000)
• Led a cross-functional team of six assigned to evaluate, manage and develop the distribution network.
• Created and implemented a distribution business plan, promotions, distributor training and sales tools.