Account Supervisor, Energy
This role is open to be based from: Dallas, TX; Houston, TX
Are you a seasoned communicator and strong project manager? Do you thrive in fast-paced environments where you're working across projects and accounts? Do you enjoy breaking down complex information and crafting inspiring stories? If so, read on!
Edelman's Houston office is looking for an Account Supervisor. In this role, you’ll help run some of the Energy practice’s biggest accounts and serve as a day-to-day client contact. You'll have the opportunity to write, collaborate, and develop campaigns serving clients across the energy spectrum to include utilities, renewable generation, oil and gas, and energy technology.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to creation of communications plans that meet client objectives
- Demonstrate tactical proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving both traditional and social media programs
- Provide insights on how the latest energy and sustainability trends impact client communications priorities
- Serve as daily client contact and act as client lead when appropriate, addressing client issues thoughtfully and effectively
- Manage multiple projects from conception to completion, by anticipating challenges and ensuring deadline and budget adherence
- Build strong relationships with clients and colleague at all levels
- Consistently produce high quality internal and external communications content
- Supervise staff junior to you by motivating, coaching and consistently providing feedback
- Aid in new business process including idea contribution, research, and proposal preparation
- Have at least five years’ full-time experience in public relations, government affairs, or public affairs
- Have preferably worked with clients, in a government agency, or in-house in the oil, gas, renewables, or utilities space.
- Interest in keeping up on topics like energy, sustainability, and environmental issues and understanding the interplay of energy in various industries
- Have hands-on experience creating relationships with traditional media
- Possess solid research, writing, and editing skills
- Demonstrate strong presentation skills and the ability to ideate on the spot and actively participate in group discussions
- Be results-and-solutions-orientated
- Proven ability to manage large projects (including budgets) and oversee small teams
- Experience functioning as a daily client contact
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (public relations, corporate communications, English, advertising, journalism, business, political science)