Business Development Manager - Energy, Project Finance, Impact Investing
Morrison & Foerster LLP, an Am Law 50 law firm with 17 offices worldwide, has an opening for a Business Development Manager within our Marketing Department in our San Francisco office.
Join the dynamic global marketing team as a Business Development Manager supporting our world class Energy, Project Finance and Impact Investing practices! The Business Development Manager works closely with our market leading Energy, Impact Investing and Project Finance practice partners/attorneys and business development team to develop and sustain our loyal client base for increased work, revenue, and profitability while looking for new business opportunities around every corner. If legal matters related to Climate, Sustainability, Energy and Technology are some of your main interests keep reading as this position combines them all!
Develop Creative Marketing Plans
- Develop targeted business development and marketing strategic plans.
- Collaborate with other relevant practice groups to cross-share ideas.
- Work with practice group leaders/partners on a broad range of business development and marketing strategies, demonstrating an understanding of practice group and industry norms.
- Keep abreast of developments in the relevant law.
Deploy Innovative Marketing Initiatives
- Create market leading practice group marketing materials - including customized content for presentations, social media, pitches and RFPs.
- Conduct competitive intelligence and research of prospective targets, industries, and markets.
- Proactively participate in key industry networks, identifying partnership opportunities.
Implement Exciting Programs to raise the profile of the Firm and Attorneys
- Produce dynamic client development educational programs.
- Identify speaking and sponsorship opportunities.
- Target appropriate membership opportunities; create visibility; and advance business development goals.
Collaborate with Partners, Attorneys and colleagues within the Marketing Department
- Identify and coordinate business opportunities through collecting and proactively sharing information.
- Ensure strong intra-departmental communication and client service.
- Develop supportive relationships with offices where practice group attorneys are located.
- At least five years of relevant marketing experience within a law firm or professional services environment.
- Working knowledge of Energy, Project Finance and Impact Investing practices desired, with direct work experience a plus.
- An ambitious go getter who also understands the value of working as a team and contributing to a collaborative environment.
- Confident and capable to manage your own desk with minimal supervision.
- Solid project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of core marketing principles including driving innovative tools and programs, competitive intelligence, market research, and pitch and RFP responses.
- A superstar verbal and written communicator
Who We Are
At Morrison & Foerster, our culture is defined by our deeds. We’re passionate about what we do. We’re equally passionate about how we do it. We resist hierarchies and operate within a model of respect — for our colleagues, their ideas, and the differences that make us stronger. We encourage you to learn more about who we are, and what we do .
Should you find you’re ready to do the best work of your life, we encourage you to let us know!