Business Development Manger
Thanks to innovative financing options and a focus on operational excellence, we are bringing the benefits of clean energy within reach for everyone. We are B-Corp certified and 100% employee-owned, and we take our commitments to our staff and partners very seriously. After four years of hard work, we are proud to be the #1 solar provider for nonprofits in the Northeast. And we’re just getting started. Please visit www.resonant.energy for more information. Role Start Date November 2022
The Business Development Manager is an integral part of our Outreach Team, the face of Resonant Energy, and the primary touch point for our nonprofit clients as they explore their solar options. This role will feature a mix of relationship development, technical sales, account management. The role will be primarily focused on moving nonprofit and affordable housing clients through the sales process as they understand solar and helping them determine the best solar solutions for their organizations.
Business Development Managers are the foundation of the Outreach Team. They are passionate about the work, excited to meet new clients — and most of all ready to help clients think in a different way about their energy usage and the impact they want to have on the earth. Most importantly, our Business Development Managers need to be strong, compassionate communicators with external partners to relay technical information about solar finance and structural barriers, and internally, to collaborate and find solutions across teams.
Business Development & Lead Generation (15%)
- Engage new clients through outreach initiatives, warm introductions, referrals, conferences, and events
- Network and build relationships with affordable housing organizations and other institutional nonprofits
Client Engagement & Sales (45%)
- Support initial project vetting to help identify roof age, electric usage, and initial preferences to inform our proposal generation
- Set and carry out sales meetings in person (or via zoom during covid-19), which are comprised of:
- Generating excitement for clients to move forward on solar with Resonant Energy
- Walking through a detailed portfolio analysis and proposal
- Identifying and gathering additional information needed to carry out project
- Attend final client meetings to complete project sale
- Walk clients through financing and contract options through contract execution
- Maintain connection after contract signing to support customer service and ensure that clients have a great experience
- Answer client questions as they come up by phone and email
Project Coordination (40%)
- Manage projects through their lifecycle with weekly internal project development meetings
- Manage data and document intake for portfolio clients
- Serve as responsible party to coordinate team members internally
- Support legal review between clients and our financing partners
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required. Masters preferred.
- Min: 2 years of business development, sales experience, or account management
- Solar Industry experience preferred
- Experience with and knowledge of affordable housing, legal contracts, and commercial finances a major plus
Language: English (native/fluent required)
Computer Skills: Google Drive suites, and Microsoft Office. Excel fluency is a requirement.
Travel: Work is primarily office-based with some remote work flexibility. In-person onboarding & training, hybrid remote work regularly. Post covid-19, in-person sales meetings will be required across MA and a car will be required. Company will reimburse at standard rates for mileage each month.
Availability: 9-6 PM, Monday-Friday
Compensation Benefits: Base: $65,000 - $75,000 On Target Sales Bonus: $20,000, based on both individual and team performance
- Wellness: 100% paid premiums for healthcare and dental insurance
- Retirement: Simple IRA with employer match up to 3% of salary
- Paid Time Off: 13 days paid time off (PTO) Y1, 18 days paid time off (PTO) Y2, 5 sick days per year, 5 days bereavement leave, 2 days for community service, 13 holiday days recognized
- Professional Development: Dedicated budget for all staff members
- Mental Health Budget: $50 payments available per month
- Commuter compensation: MBTA T-passes or $1,000/year bike benefits
- Office Flexibility: Office expectation is 3 days per week in the office after training period; opportunity to work up to 6 weeks fully remote per year.
- Employee Owner Track: On track for employee ownership, eligible to apply on the third work anniversary, additional benefits include:
- Salary Increase & Profit sharing opportunity
- Unlimited paid time off
- Voting power and decision making in company-wide strategy meetings