Business Devlopment Manager
AS BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER YOU WILL
Play a key role in shaping and executing Quidnet’s go-to-market strategy for its long-duration energy storage technology within a small team environment. Specifically, you will:
• Analyze electric power markets, assess the competitive environment, and forecast future developments to identify promising regions, segments, and use cases for Quidnet’s innovative storage technology
• Develop applications analysis tools to model and optimize the deployment of Quidnet’s technology in key markets and use cases
• Evaluate project opportunities and identify strategic customers in targeted markets
• Articulate product advantages and work collaboratively with Quidnet colleagues, customers, project developers, off-takers, and other stakeholders to develop opportunity-specific uses cases, proposals, and contract structures
• Support policy and legislative advocacy activities
• Demonstrate thought leadership in Quidnet communications and public speaking
• Help develop sales and investor presentations
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN THE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Demonstrated ability to:
• Be an assertive team player, with diverse interests, excellent interpersonal skills, experience working within dynamic environments, and demonstrated vested interest in their work
• Effectively utilize business development acumen and exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Constructively apply effective analytical and problem-solving skills
• Resolve time-sensitive issues with precision
• Consistently apply rigorous attention to detail, work ethic, personal responsibility, and organizational skills
Strong understanding of:
• Market analytics – North American electric power markets, including current wholesale and regulated markets, forecasts for future market development, and evolving requirements for long-duration energy storage
• Applications analytics – the ability to model, optimize, and compare the application of new energy storage technologies on a project-by-project and competitive basis
• New and innovative approaches to monetizing the full value of energy storage
• Customer landscape, including utilities, IPPs, developers, C&I and government, OEMs, others.
• Based in Houston, Texas, with frequent travel to meet with project stakeholders.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
• Impact. Your talent, time, and energy will critically impact the company’s success in providing low-cost long duration storage for the energy transition and solving a key challenge of our time
• Growth. You will encounter, be challenged by, and work through an incredibly diverse range of obstacles
• Distinction. You introduce a fundamentally differentiated solution into a predominantly commoditized marketplace that has the potential to dominate and transform utility-scale power project development
• Ownership. You hold broad responsibilities with high autonomy in a communicative, collaborative, and fast-paced environment
• Compensation. You are vested in a high-potential success story, with competitive compensation, benefits, and comprehensive PTO and leave policies, complemented by stock options in a high-growth start-up company with world-class venture capital backing.
WHO WE ARE
• The energy transition needs a new way to store electricity over long durations. Batteries are too expensive at long durations and the incumbent solution (pumped hydro storage) is too limited by topography.
• Quidnet Energy unlocks pumped hydro storage’s terrain-constraint to fundamentally change the economics of long-duration electricity storage
• Our patented approach stores energy as high-pressure water underground with an extremely lean construction profile. In doing so, we seek to secure the lowest-cost position in long duration storage market and enable renewables to compete without compromise or subsidy
• Our solution is built on mature drilling and well-construction supply chain for rapid scaling and is backed by world-class investors including Breakthrough Energy Ventures. The core team has deep expertise in power and energy storage project development, finance, geology, reservoir and facilities development