Business Operations and Finance Associate/VP
AS BUSINESS OPERATIONS AND FINANCE ASSOCIATE / VICE PRESIDENT YOU WILL:
Own and facilitate diverse business operational processes and productive collaboration across the team, exercise strong business acumen, and demonstrate exemplary work ethic. This role will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer. The responsibilities for this position are dynamic and will evolve as the company grows. Some examples of initial key responsibilities include:
- Develop, own, and maintain power project models and the corporate financial model
- Design and develop standardized content and processes for critical business operations, including project / program plans, cost estimations, business development presentations, customer and government proposals, and diligence materials to support financings
- Own corporate financial planning and analysis tools and process
- Run business operational planning and business rhythm processes in alignment with all other functions to develop objectives and key results (OKRs) as well as resource and capital allocation
- Author, manage, and deliver high-fidelity reporting for key company stakeholders, including
- executives, the Board of Directors, investors, customers, and government agencies
- Act and operate as an internal consultant, working directly with multiple stakeholders, management, and various related departments on special initiatives
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN THE BUSINESS OPERATIONS AND FINANCE ASSOCIATE / VICE PRESIDENT
- Excellent corporate financial planning and modeling skills, including prior experience “owning the model” through project / corporate investment diligence
- Clear and compelling presentation development and delivery
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Prior consulting, investment banking or principal investing experience preferred
- Prior power market or project development experience is a plus
- Prior technical or engineering experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish business operational results within a dynamic, evolving environment
- Demonstrated initiative, ownership, and focus on optimizing business operations
• Preference for Houston, Texas with occasional travel to sites across North America Quidnet Energy Confidential and Proprietary
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Impact. Your talent, time, and energy will critically impact the company’s success in providing low- cost long-duration storage for the energy transition and solving a key challenge of our time
- Growth. You will encounter, be challenged by, and work through an incredibly diverse range of obstacles that will allow for career and skills growth at a rapid pace.
- Distinction. You will introduce a fundamentally differentiated solution into a predominantly commoditized marketplace with the potential to dominate and transform utility-scale power project development
- Ownership. You hold broad responsibilities with high autonomy in a communicative, collaborative, and fast-paced environment where input is sought and valued as part of a true team business structure.
- Compensation. You are vested in a high-potential success story, with competitive compensation, benefits, and comprehensive PTO and leave policies, complemented by stock options in a high- growth start-up company with world-class venture capital backing.
WHO WE ARE
- The energy transition needs a new way to store electricity over long durations. Batteries are too expensive at long durations and the incumbent solution (pumped hydro storage) is too limited by topography.
- Quidnet Energy unlocks pumped hydro storage’s terrain-constraint to fundamentally change the economics of long-duration electricity storage
- Our patented approach stores energy as high-pressure water underground with an extremely lean construction profile. In doing so, we seek to secure the lowest-cost position in the long-duration storage market and enable renewables to compete without compromise or subsidy
- Our solution is built on mature drilling and well-construction supply chain for rapid scaling and is backed by world-class investors including Breakthrough Energy Ventures. The core team has deep expertise in power and energy storage project development, finance, geology, reservoir and facilities development