Climate Program Manager (New York, NY)
The Hollyhock Foundation seeks to create a more just world through its investments in education, climate change mitigation, and journalism. Since 2003, the foundation has supported exceptional leaders in organizations that share this vision.
The program manager will be responsible for leading the foundation’s work on climate change mitigation, working closely with Hollyhock’s co-founders. This is a relatively new area for the foundation, and there is significant opportunity to contribute to the next phase of strategy development and grantmaking. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable about the field of climate change, has previous experience working in philanthropy, and is interested in learning about a range of ideas and pathways for addressing climate change.
- Conduct deep landscape research to source new proposals and identify the best pathways for Hollyhock to have impact.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative due diligence on potential grantees.
- Build trusted and collaborative relationships.
- Support grantees by effectively processing, administering, and monitoring grants, and providing advice.
- Prepare reports, analyses, and other documents and present to the Hollyhock board.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8-15 years of experience. Experience in climate grantmaking is desirable and graduate-level work in environmental/climate studies is preferred.
- Strong research, writing, and analytical capabilities, including the ability to communicate complex issues concisely.
- Creative thinker and a self-starter who is comfortable working in a flexible environment where priorities can shift quickly.
- Willingness to perform duties across all aspects of Hollyhock's grantmaking operations, as necessitated by a lean team.
- Experience with transmission and grid modernization is desirable.
Compensation: Pay: The salary range is $160K-$190K, and there is an opportunity for a performancebased bonus. Compensation includes comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, 401K, vacation, and family and medical leave.
DRiWaterstone Human Capital is leading the search on behalf of The Hollyhock Foundation.