Imagine a future where you play a role in creating a clean energy future in the United States and markets around the world with a global clean energy leader
Join us in this role where you’ll help proactively build our brand by engaging with local and regional media, directly managing external consultants, and driving project communications and PR strategy. As a communications advisor, you’ll guide media relations, project communications and events, drive community engagement, and interact with a range of stakeholders on offshore wind farm development teams. We are committed to building a sustainable U.S. offshore wind energy industry and are the first energy company in the world with a science-based net-zero emissions target.
Welcome to Ørsted Americas’ Communications, Public Affairs and Alliances team
You’ll be part of Project Communications where you, together with your colleagues, will work closely with project development staff from the offshore wind energy business. As a cross-functional and strategic leader, you’ll work closely with the Government Affairs and Market Strategy team, Project Development Directors, and the Growth team, while also integrating into global teams based in Denmark building world-class biodiversity programs and partnerships to support and enhance U.S. projects. As a team, we are a high-energy group that values collaboration, transparency, and strategic thinking. We build important working relationships and trust with our colleagues and partners, and actively support professional development.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and implementing project communications to advance a portfolio of offshore wind projects, mitigate risk, and engage with stakeholders and joint venture partners
- serving as the primary media relations advisor for the Northeast Offshore business, working closely with Offshore Project Management and Corporate Affairs
- coordinating with projects and stakeholders on local content planning, drafting press releases, website and social media content, and other materials to support projects, bids, and corporate initiatives
- working with external PR agencies on strategies to broaden the company’s profile in strategic markets, incl. state/regional associations and conference opportunities
- building a media relations plan, incl. state and regional markets, to enhance the company’s profile and announce corporate initiatives
- advising and supporting project teams and executives on effective communications, incl. talking points, media prep, events, speeches, internal communications, and other key initiatives.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or another relevant field
- have experience in a political or government communications and public relations environment
- preferably have a background in the energy or environmental space
- have a proven ability to collaborate within a highly matrixed company
- possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and have experience responding to media inquiries.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.