Consulting Associate/Senior Associate - Boston/Washington/Toronto
About Charles River Associates
Consultants in CRA’s Energy practice have researched, published, taught, and consulted on energy matters for more than 20 years on behalf of utility and retail providers, power asset owners and developers, public power agencies and clients in the oil and gas sector. Our work in the energy industry has established legal precedents and set new standards in market oversight. We have advised on developing the structure of national and regional competitive markets, reorganized multi-billion-dollar companies, testified in hundred-million-dollar damages litigation, and played a key role in most North American utility mergers and acquisitions that have taken place over the last decade.
We are seeking a qualified candidate with prior energy modeling experience to join our team in Boston, MA, Washington, DC or Toronto, ON.
- Acting as a principal custodian of some of the Energy practice’s power market models, particularly production cost models and utility portfolio tools.
- Performing a broad range of quantitative consulting tasks such as building and running electric power system models, database management, and forecasting
- Analyzing economic and financial data using spreadsheets and statistical programs
- Conducting industry, market structure, and competitor-positioning studies
- Reviewing and summarizing analyst reports, client documents, and industry trade press
- Assisting in the production and development of research summaries, expert reports, and the presentation of findings
- Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of analyses
- Background in operations research, economics, computer science, finance, or engineering
- Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in energy modeling and power market dispatch tools required. Experience with Aurora or similar tools required.
- Strong interest in and knowledge of energy modeling
- Experience with energy or environmental industries highly desirable
- Excellent presentation skills and writing ability
- Strong problem solving abilities and resourcefulness
- Working well in a team environment, and willingness to provide mentorship and supervision to junior staff members
- Occasional travel required
The statements included in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
CRA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AAE): Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled.