The Proterra Story
Communities are growing and evolving, and with that, our transportation needs are changing. Now more than ever, we need smart solutions that provide safer, more reliable and cleaner transit. Every day, Proterra works to meet those needs, with the world’s best-performing zero-emission buses. Our revolutionary battery-electric buses help fleet operators abandon fossil fuels, improve environmental quality and reduce operating costs. Join the Proterra Revolution.
This position will support Proterra Energy group’s Program Management Team. You will be responsible for customer engineering and technical sales of Energy products and services, contributing to the Energy product and business roadmaps, and improving and refining processes and systems to support the Energy team’s efforts.
About the Role – You will:
- Develop opportunities identified by the business development team for Energy projects and coordinate with Regional Sales Directors to support opportunities for vehicle and charging products as needed.
- Coordinate accurate and timely communications and data transfers between customers and modeling, project management, and sales teams.
- Translate technical modeling information to transit fleet customers.
- Develop expertise in Proterra’s products and services, customer operations, and EV trends in the transit and utility industries and make recommendations to promote optimal customer results.
- Work with Manager – Energy Programs to track and manage KPIs for technical sales goals.
- Interface with Salesforce for Energy sales development and tracking.
- Help guide Energy roadmap development.
- Work closely with Energy team leadership to identify customer trends and long-term market opportunities.
- Interface with third party companies to promote Proterra’s vision and advance Energy market share.
About Our Group:
- As strategic partners, the Energy group strives to ensure that our values, culture and engagement always allow us do great things for our company.
- We strive to provide the highest level service and support to our clients each and every day.
- We work collaboratively to build strong relationships with our clients, partners, and own team.
- We treat each other with respect……and always try to have a little fun every day!
- This position will be part of the Burlingame based Energy team that supports Proterra’s Manufacturing and Engineering operations in Burlingame, CA.
- You will report to the Manager – Energy Programs and will collaborate with other Energy team members located at our headquarters in Burlingame, CA and other manufacturing facilities in Greenville, SC and City of Industry, CA.
- Passion for clean technology, EV charging, energy, and related infrastructure
- Ability to develop opportunities in a new technology arena
- Ability to think critically and problem solve
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team working skills
- Highly organized
Your Experience Includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (preferably electrical engineering), computer science or related field; or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience or demonstrated interest in electric vehicles, renewable energy, EV charging, or related fields
- Demonstrated skills in data management
- Experience in innovative technology companies a plus
- Experience with using Salesforce a plus
Location: Burlingame, CA
Travel: 30% - 50%