Data Analyst II
Yes Energy is seeking an experienced Data Analyst II to join our Boulder-based Power Infrastructure Group. The Power Infrastructure Group is responsible for the data integrity of all data collections that relate to physical power infrastructure and price nodes, as well as researching and developing new data collections that support Yes Energy products. As a Data Analyst II at Yes Energy you will apply your analytical skills to a variety of Data Quality and geo-mapping tasks to support our efforts in Nodal Power Markets. This role will require you to participate in a collaborative team environment supporting real-time & historical data collections. The position involves data quality analysis, evaluation, and reconciliation requiring extensive work in an Oracle database environment developing, reviewing and maintaining SQL queries and PL/SQL functions, procedures, and packages. In addition to strong data analytical skills, the ideal candidate must be extremely attentive to detail since work involves modifying production data, geo-locating data to map coordinates, and developing new data quality monitoring processes. This position offers candidates an opportunity to develop greater knowledge of energy markets, cloud-based software products, SAAS business, while applying and developing technical, research and customer-facing skills alongside one of the most creative and hard-working staff in the industry.
- Content Expert - Fill the role of content expert for all of our data, which include regulatory filings, ISO market data, and developing new data streams in support of product development;
- Leadership - Provide leadership to the team, with a focus on building collaborative teamwork, as well as assisting the team manager in training, documentation, and project development;
- Data Quality Assurance – Ensure seamless data flow, as well as diagnose and troubleshoot data failures; utilizing SQL queries and PL/SQL functions, procedures, and packages;
- Process Efficiency - Make recommendations for improvements to methodologies and procedures and then help implement those improvements;
- Geolocation & Infrastructure Research - Perform GIS and Web map work to research and identify power-related infrastructure (power plants, transmission grid elements, market indicators);
- Database Object Relationships - Determine and maintain data on how market objects relate to each other stored within an Oracle database;
- Company Ownership Data - Research and maintain our database of company and holding company data;
- Customer Support - Help our clients make the very best use of our products and data as well as interacting with our 3rd-party vendors to ensure accuracy of their data in our products.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in related field (Economics, Geography, Computer Science, Math, and Engineering are preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years experience managing data
- Minimum of 2 years experience with SQL & PL/SQL.Minimum of 3 years relevant job experience
- Ability to multi-task and shift tasks quickly.
- Enjoy challenging assignments with proven track record of high quality and on time delivery while working under time constraints
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with ability to thrive in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to gather, understand, and critically analyze spatial and tabular data
- Possess exceptional problem solving skills with ability to apply innovative and out of the box solutions
- Quick study, self-motivated
- Very strong attention to detail
- Experience with transmission systems, power plants and the energy industry is preferred
- Experience working within an Agile environment a plus
- Advanced spreadsheet skills (charting, formulas, pivot tables, macros, etc) or similar visualization software
- Strong knowledge of energy markets or a desire to learn