The Development Associate is a key member of a cross-functional execution team accountable for the origination, and development, of Renewable America's portfolio of solar and solar+ projects. Functions include coordinating across the different disciplines within the execution team to optimize project value, monitoring and communicating changes to portfolio value, researching and understanding state regulatory frameworks, assisting in securing solar offtake contracts, and maintaining relationships with development and utility partners.
Specific tasks include:
- Coordinating and working with the Renewable America development team on project execution, portfolio monetization, offtake opportunities, and project development schedules.
- Serving as a liaison with landowners, development partners, utility partners, and third party engineers and attorneys
- Coordinating with internal teams to creatively assess and explore potential for new market development; including conducting market and industry research and analysis.
- Assisting origination efforts by reviewing offtake opportunities and supporting responses to Requests for Proposals (RFP)
- Managing due diligence of projects that are potential acquisitions to confirm projects are economically viable and constructible within applicable deadlines.
- Providing relevant information to perform project finance analyses
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Public Policy, or Statistics
- At least 1-2 years of experience working in business development or project development in renewable energy
- Knowledge of interconnection process and strategy
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, make decisions, prioritize and meet assigned deadlines in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Strong work ethic and detail-oriented
- Sense of humor a plus!
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus Bonus
Interested applicants, please send your resume and contact info to email@example.com