Electrical Engineer, Power Flow Focus
Kevala is looking for an Electrical Engineer focused on Power Flow Analysis to help us accelerate a clean energy future by making energy-related data meaningful, transparent and broadly accessible. This position is focused on being the power flow subject matter expert within the project delivery team based out of our San Francisco, CA headquarters.
Responsibilities And Duties
The successful candidate will be part of a project delivery team responsible for conducting analysis and delivering results to clients using Kevala and third party products. Direct design and running of power flow models on multiple platforms including but not limited to PSLF is a requirement of this position. The candidate will be the company subject matter expert on power flow analysis, methodologies, and techniques. This position reports to the Head of Operations.
Qualifications And Skills
An electrical engineer with some combination of direct experience or demonstrated interest in:
- Utility distribution planning power flow tools (e.g. Cyme, Synergi)
- Interconnection of Distributed Energy Resources (in front and behind the meter)
- Transmission planning (e.g. PSLF)
- Transient and steady-state analysis
- Familiarity with (and/or willingness to learn) open-source power flow tools (e.g.
GirdLab-D and Open DSS)
- Data science as it applies to energy systems (e.g. machine learning, regression
- Distribution planning and/or Distributed Energy Resource adoption modeling software
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Python or similar software languages/skill sets
- Familiarity with geospatial and time series databases
- Ability to work in a regulatory environment where one is called to testimony
- Familiarity with confidential energy infrastructure data and corresponding data security
- A willingness to learn and take initiative.
Direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.