Energy Storage Project Developer (New England or NY)
About Flatiron Energy
Flatiron Energy’s mission is to reduce carbon emissions that contribute to climate change and environmental injustice by developing, building, and operating utility-scale energy storage. Our projects help integrate renewable energy onto the grid, replace fossil fuel plants, and increase grid reliability. The leadership team at Flatiron has over 20 years of experience in energy storage, pioneering the first standalone storage in the US. We have long-term financing in place with Hull Street Energy, an investment firm with decades of experience and unique knowledge of North American electricity infrastructure, fundamentals, and grid operations.
We are a fast-growing business with a dynamic, creative, fun, start-up culture. The right candidate will be excited to help build the company from the ground up, and recognize the challenges and opportunities for growth inherent in such a role. We are passionate about fighting climate change while ensuring their projects have an equitable impact on surrounding communities. Flatiron is looking for candidates who resonate with this mission.
About the Job
Title: Senior Associate, Development
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
Location: Flexible (strong preference for New England or New York)
Description: This is a dynamic role responsible for developing grid scale standalone energy storage projects, throughout the entire life cycle, in target markets.
- Support development activities in early, mid, and late stages of the project.
- Lead land acquisition from site identification to landowner negotiations
- Oversee interconnection process with help from technical resources
- Lead acquisition of local, state and/or federal permits as required.
- Represent company with customers, landowners, state and local officials and other stakeholders.
- Manage tasks according to budgets and schedules, including coordinating internal and external technical support.
- Support commercial and development strategy with involvement in key strategic decisions
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3+ of experience in project development, preferably renewables and/or energy storage
- Preference for experience in renewable or energy storage industry
- Development experience in NYISO or ISO-NE
- Successful track record of developing projects from inception through COD
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to self-direct, flexibility, creativity, desire to grow into additional responsibilities
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and high level of attention to detail
Compensation and Benefits
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time. Ability to work in the United States is a requirement.
Salary: Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
Bonus: Competitive bonus based on performance
Benefits: Flatiron offers an excellent benefit package with comprehensive health care, dental, vision, 401(k) plan with company match, and other health and wellness benefits.